I have 10 dollars till Friday, with two teenage boys, what should I cook?
Topic: I have 10 dollars till Friday, with two teenage boys, what should I cook?
April 26, 2019 / By Finian Question:
Thinking of making beef stew, I am a good cook. Did not plan on feeding too many people this week and actually sort of forgot about myself. Is Beef Stew a good choice, with a lot of potatoes and carrots? What if they get tired of it after the second round?
Best Answers: I have 10 dollars till Friday, with two teenage boys, what should I cook?
Darcy | 9 days ago
There are now wonderful foods in the supermarkets that are good, easy, and some are quick. Don't be shy in asking a clerk to help you.
Save the following for future use or when you need something FAST.
1. How to Cook in Foil-videos:
2. Dinner Recipes-videos:
3. Favorite Recipes:
Take a look at these chicken recipes:
From YahooAnswers - "Average Joe" recipes with pictures to guide you:
4. In a rush? Check out the PRE-COOKED beef tips, roast, pot roast, pork roast, chicken, ham, meatload. You will find these packages near the meat section, they are not frozen. Ask a clerk for help in finding them.
Use this for your meat dish with a side dish or two of vegetables, rice, or potatoes which can all be found in the freezer section or on shelves.
5. Desserts of all types can be found in the bakeries, in the freezer sections, or on the shelves. And don't forget there is always ice cream to depend on.
6. Another thing you can do is cook in a slow cooker or a crock-pot. You put the meat into the crock-pot in the morning and it slowly cooks all day long. The meal is ready at dinner time. Crock-pots can be bought at your grocery store, and at department stores. BE SURE to read the booklet that comes with the crock-pot.
Beef Recipes in Crock Pot:
Chicken Recipes in Crock Pot:
TEXAS crock pot recipes:
7. In a hurry or on your way home from work? Pick up a roasted chicken that you can buy in the deli section.
8. Frozen dinners are a good choice and are on hand in your freezer for a quick meal. Always buy the top brands for delicious flavors.
9. Sauces (not juices) such as Italian, clam, Alfredo come in jars and cans, just pour them onto cooked pasta.
10. Quick put together desserts:
Sweetened Condensed Milk videos-turn on your sound:
Chocolate Passion Bowl (video):
8 MINUTE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
Click this link:
Look for the ready to eat cheesecake tubs. You can make a quick cheese cake or spread onto graham crackers:
FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE-no bake
Video - Pie Crust, How to Make and Bake:
Microwave Dessert recipes:
11. Tossed Salad (video):
Caesar Salad - chef style (video):
Quick five minute Caesar Salad (video):
12. Guacamole Dip video (peppers can be left out if you wish):
14. Ramen package cooking - Video;
Good for campus cooking;
Package comes with flavor packet.
Cost about twenty five cents at grocery stores:
15. Video On How To Cook A Rib Eye Steak (turn on your sound), click this link:
16. Ramen pre-packaged noodles with a spices packet included, click this link for recipes:
17. Look through these chicken & pasta recipes:
18. Southern Fried Chicken - Video (after short ad):
19. Pulled Pork - Video (after short ad):
20. Seafood Recipes:
BBQ on the outdoor grill - Videos:
21. Grilled Salmon - fun Video:
22. Grilled Burgers - fun Video:
23. Grilled chicken breast - fun Video:
24. Grilled roasted whole chicken - Video;
How to light grill:
25. Grilled spare ribs rack - Video:
26. Grilled falling off the bone baby back ribs - Video:
27. Grilled steaks & what types of steaks to grill:
👍 206 | 👎 9
Did you like the answer? I have 10 dollars till Friday, with two teenage boys, what should I cook?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: I have 100 dollars, what should I do for my 18th birthday?
go Glow in the Dark Bowling! I is sooo fun, The place shuts the lights off and turns on all these black lights so everything white GLOWS! Make sure your party wears white clothes and you can even make yourself a "birthday shirt" to wear (it only costs like 10 bucks to get paint and shirt). At the bowling alley, they even have pizza so you can have for your party. HAVE A BLAST & HAPPY B-DAY!!!!
If you are thinking of beef stew, you could try serving it over rice one day and then the next day, add some frozen peas, put it in a baking dish and cover the top with some mashed potatoes (like a shepards pie.) Sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on it and bake it in the oven. It will at least be a little different but it will be plenty filling. (those teenagers never seem to get filled up do they?)
👍 80 | 👎 0
1 lb ground beef
2 cloves garlic
1 green pepper
2 fresh hot peppers if available
1 can tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
red pepper if available
saute onions, pepper(s) and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Brown beef and combine. Add tomatoes, beans, 2 TBs chili powder, and 1-2 tsp red pepper. Simmer for an hour. Serve with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips or crackers if available.
Beef stew is also a good idea
I can buy the ingredients for under $10
👍 72 | 👎 -9
Beef stew with vegis is good. If they get tired after the second serving add variety to the stew by seving different toppings. Cheese it and bake it. Garnish with bread crumbs and cheese and bake. Put in any cooked pasta the fifth day.etc.
👍 64 | 👎 -18
do you have anything at all to work with? do you have ingredients to make spaghetti or a casserole?
you could get a loaf of bread and a pack of lunchmeat (bologna is the cheapest, though not the best or healthiest :/) and some cheese. Make grilled meat/chz sandwiches and some soup...believe it or not, ramen beef noodles go awesome with a grilled ham and cheese. and you can recycle the ingredients. if you have bread and bologna and get some eggs, you can kind of make breakfast food...fried bologna, scrambled eggs and toast.
I think that beef stew is a good plan and, to be perfectly honest, if they get tired of it that's their problem. You are providing them with a meal and that should be good enough..otherwise they can eat at a friend's house! try sticking some of these other meals in between and that should help them not get tired of it.
👍 56 | 👎 -27
Make a large pot of chili instead it is cheaper than the beef stew.
Eat the chili with white rice the first night. Then on the second night make either elbo macaroni or spaghetti noodles and mix it with the pasta. If you have some cheese sprinkle it on top for a chili bake.
You can make the potatoes and carrots for sides.
👍 48 | 👎 -36
If you can find a pork butt on sale you can make 3 meals
First cook in crockpot and eat that way
Next take some and add bbq sauce to it and eat sandwhiches
Lastly make this recipe
Mexican Roll Ups
This is something I made up its a great way to use left over meat.
Use one of your choice
Shredded Chicken, shredded beef or shredded pork
Put in skillet with 1 pkg of taco seasoning
Add enough water so that you may simmer it, not to much
After simmering like 20 min
Place small amount in to soft burrito shell, I like to use the large ones.
Roll them up and secure with toothpicks
In deep fryer or skillet, brown til golden brown
They will be crunchy
Serve with sour cream, salsa or gucamole
Dont forget to remove toothpicks !!!!
Pasta is cheap you can make a lot of things with that.
8 ounces vermicelli
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
4 ounces sliced pepperoni
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
Combine egg and milk. Pour over pasta and mix well.
Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Pour pasta mixture into pan. Cover pasta with spaghetti sauce. Layer pepperoni over sauce and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Cut into squares to serve.
it would help if I knew what you had on hand.
I had a cooking group that has over 14000 recipes and I have a section of cheap meals if you want to see.
👍 40 | 👎 -45
Stew is a great idea and you can add lots of vegies to spread it out further. Make some yorkshire pudding to go with it the first night and then serve it on toast the next night (or I do also like the idea of thickening it and making it into a sheppards pie).
If they get bored from only 2 nights then who cares? It's not like you are feeding it to them 5 nights in a row!!!
👍 32 | 👎 -54
Originally Answered: whats the best diet pill i can get for 20 dollars or less?
diet pills are horrible, and they never work.
But there are some healthy natural supplements that i recommend that can help you without making you feel like crap.
L-carnitine - helps your body metabolize fat into energy. this is a natural amino acid so totally safe.
Vitamin B12 complex - for natural energy. The one i use is in liquid drop form, totally awesome.