Topic: Does anyone have any good weight loss dinner recipes?
July 19, 2019 / By Elimelech Question:
I need very healthy dinner recipes for my family. Preferably from a weight loss cook book.
Chas | 1 day ago
The fact that you are on a diet does not mean that your food must taste like diet food. In the contrary! If you want to lose weight effectively and in a healthy way, with a high chance of preventing it from coming back, than you must enjoy what you eat. Because that's the only way how you will continue to eat this healthy food.
The problem why many fad diets fail is simply that you can't keep on eating like that. And even if a restrictive diet does help you to lose weight - as soon as you finish the diet and return to your old eating habits, you will almost certainly pick up weight again.
But if you make lasting changes in your lifestyle and start eating healthier instead of going on a diet, then you have a high chance that you will not only lose weight but also keep it off afterwards. A healthy diet and weight is a lifetime commitment, not a 6-weeks affair. Eat healthy and you will be healthy, that's the secret.
Try these three low-fat dishes that don't taste like low-fat at all! They are healthy and easy to make, filling, high in nutrients and low in calories. And they are not "diet meals" but something you can enjoy.
Spicy Vegetable And Mince Curry
* 2 tbsp. canola oil
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 1 tsp. ground coriander
* 1 tsp. crushed chili
* 1/2 tsp. turmeric
* 2 tbsp. lemon juice
* 700 g lean minced beef
* 600 g butternut, diced
* 500 g carrots, thickly sliced
* 600 g potatoes, diced
* 500 g sweet potatoes, diced
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Fry cumin and coriander for about 1 minute, continuously stirring.
2. Add turmeric, chili and lemon juice and mix well. Add minced meat and roast it briefly.
3. Add the vegetables, mix well, cover and roast for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
4. Season with salt and serve
* 1 small marrow, cubed
* 1 tomato, cubed
* 1/2 stick celery, sliced
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1/8 cabbage
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 1/4 l vegetable stock
* salt, freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring the vegetable stock to boil, add the vegetables and bay leaf and cook for about 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are just soft.
2. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Serve with whole grain bread.
Pasta With Mixed Vegetables And Cashews
* 200 g whole wheat pasta
* 4 tbsp. canola oil
* 3 red chili, chopped
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 80 g cashew nuts
* 2 red and 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
* 150 g green beans
* 1 tin corn
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan, fry the onions and chili for about 3 minutes, occasionally stirring. Add the cashews and fry for another minute. Add pepper and beans and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are just soft. Then add the corn, mix everything well and allow the corn to heat up.
3. Drain the pasta and serve it with the veggies.
All three recipes make four servings. They are based on large portions of vegetables and foods rich in complex carbohydrates (potatoes, whole grain bread and pasta) which will fill you long before you could possibly overeat. They provide you with important nutrients whilst being low in calories. No or little fat has been added to the recipes, and the ingredients are rather low in fat. This way, you can lose weight and still enjoy delicious meals of a reasonable portion size.
Well, in concept this is pretty easy (execution may be something else)! Eat "real" food. Eat less meat. Eat more vegetables. Eat fewer refined carbs. Avoid processed crap and junk food (except for occasional treats). Cut out soda entirely Drink more water Eat smaller portions (it helps to serve up in the kitchen) Take a nice walk together after dinner Not only will you lose weight, you'll probably also find you're saving money and feel better overall. As the weather is starting to get warmer (at least in my hemisphere) it's easier to start this sort of thing. Good luck....
I found this great website that I get my recipes from which I have lost a decent amount of weight by using this recipe book at http://www.rapidweightlosstea.com/ . I have lost about 50lbs using this recipe guide I purchased at www.rapidweightlosstea.com
Hope this helps you like it help me. :)
How about a weight watchers chili? Chili is actually very healthy, low calorie and low fat.
This chili is delicious and filling so you won't feel hungry in an hour.
Good luck and enjoy!
Considering I have NO idea what foods you and your family like, this is kinda hard. I suggest you go to your local library or even better, use the INTERNET! Here's a link: