Originally Answered: i need healthy yet yummy lunch ideas?
If you can try and go for natural/organic foods.
For sandwiches, have them on whole grain bread (multigrain, ezekiel, rye, flax, whole wheat pita, whole grain tortilla, whole grain bagel, etc.)
Sandwich filling ideas:
- Basil pesto, tomato, baby spinach & mozzarella melt
- Falafel & hummus in wheat pita
- Almond or Peanut butter & jam - nut butter with no added sugar
- Egg & cheese
- Egg whites & spinach in a whole grain tortilla spread with a light layer of cream cheese
- Chickpea wrap (with things like grated carrot, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, salad greens, salad dressing, etc.)
- Black bean wrap with salsa & some cheese; or a quesadilla on a whole grain tortilla
- Veggie burger
- Hummus, lettuce, grated carrot, sliced cherry tomatoes in a whole wheat pita half
Other healthy lunch ideas:
~ Salad: mixed baby greens, baby romaine, Italian salad mix, romaine lettuce, etc. with things like cherry tomatoes/tomato, cucumber, low-fat salad dressing or olive oil/vinegar, red onion, dried cranberries, goat or feta crumbles, walnut crumbles or almond slithers, grated carrot, etc.
* For more protein to the salad you can add things like:
- Chickpeas or any mixed beans
- Grilled cubes of tofu
- Strips of tempeh
- Salmon or Tuna
- Sliced hard boiled eggs
~ Whole grain or brown rice pasta with basil pesto, olive oil or tomato sauce + baby spinach or kale or any veggies you want, goat cheese/cheese, with salad/veggies.
- Or a pasta salad with things like chickpeas or tofu, mozzarella or goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, spinach, etc
~ Whole wheat pita pizza or multigrain thin crust pizza, with tomato or pesto; baby spinach, a little mozzarella, grilled vegetables, goat cheese crumbles, etc.+ salad or veggies.
~ Salmon or a veggie burger + wild/brown rice or sweet potato/potato or quinoa + veggies/salad.
~ Lentil vegetable soup, a whole wheat pita + a side salad or fruit
Some healthy snack ideas:
~ Veggies & hummus
~ Greek yogurt or regular yogurt
~ Fruit/berries + greek or regular yogurt or milk or non-dairy milk
~ Apple slices dipped in a tbsp of nut butter
~ Trail mix: nuts, seeds, dried fruit, dark chocolate bits/chips
~ Whole grain crackers + cheese or hummus
~ Nuts (1/4 cup), seeds
~ Fat free all natural popcorn, natural sweet potato chips, pita chips & hummus, etc.
~ Healthy cereal
~ Healthy cereal + skim milk or non-dairy milk or yogurt, you can also add in berries/fruit
~ Small whole grain tortilla with a tbsp of almond or peanut butter & a tbsp of jam or sliced banana
~ Small whole wheat pita with hummus, veggies
~ Plain greek yogurt with berries/fruit
~ Kashi granola bar, Kind fruit & nut bar, Lara bar - healthy snack bars
~ Whole grain waffle with toppings like light cream cheese, natural jam, nut butter, honey, agave nectar, berries/fruit, etc
~ Cottage cheese + fruit/berries
~ Fruit salad
~ Apple, dried apricots
I hope this helps :)