Topic: Weight loss and time question.?
June 27, 2019 / By Colby Question:
I am currently 5'10" and 185lbs,
I would like to get down to 160lbs
How long do you think that will take?
Is this a good goal weight for health, or should it be lower?
Tips for losing weight?
Apollyon | 8 days ago
I've seen pretty consistently the rule of thumb that two pounds a week is a reasonable and healthy rate of weight loss.
Please, get yourself a copy of "Fat is a Feminist Issue". I don't like her man-bashing, but their approach helped me to stop yo-yo dieting, and maintain a reasonable weight for the last decade or so, without starving or any of the other miseries associated with weight-loss diets.
Live long and prosper!
(This is copied from a similar question I answered)
Well, I lost 20 lbs, and its been like... 4 months, but I really slacked off All of April... Dont, worry, I'm starting to loose again!
Well, some tips:
- Try not to watch TV while you eat, or distract yourself while you eat, because this takes your mind off of the food your eating, so you sorta loose track and proportion
- LIMIT YOUR PROPORTIONS! Thats really important. If you cant really do that yourself, go out and buy some Lean Cusines, the foods are really good and soon you'll realize its just normal food... just smaller proportions
- Be Active, all you have to do is burn more calories than you put in, so dont hesitate to get up to get the remote, every little bit counts. Take some walks, enjoy the weather, save some gas money, do some sports, anything...
- Its OK to be a little hungry for 10 mins before you shove food down your throat, dont stay hungry for too long because that burns LEAN (good) fat and thats not a good thing, but you dont have to go hunting for food the second your stomach grumbles...
- When you weigh yourself, ALWAYS do it in the morning! You dont always eat at the same time and you dont take a trip to the bathroom at the same time every day, so, if you weigh urself in the morning all the time, this will give you a constantly accurate reading.
- Dont fall into those commercials and weird milkshakes, they do more harm than help...
- Tell someone about your goal, if you want. Whats the worst than can happen? If they think thats a good thing and they congradulate you, then you have some support. If they think you can't do it, then you have a challenge to prove them wrong, its a win-win situation.
- Make the small adjustments, dont be afraid to look at the Nutritional Label. Most people just look at the calories, but thats not all thats important. Look at sugars and sodium. I used to drink alot of gatorade which was a lot of calories, now I just switched to Propel, which is alot less calories. (I know your thinking water, but I just couldnt do it... i need some taste!)
- Dont be afraid to get a pair of dumbells. Muscle burns calories, even when your not doing anything! And since your a woman, it would be a good way to get tone a bit. If your into yoga or palaties, great! (for this, get your protein)
-Fruits and Veggies! Yogurt and stuff like that, healthy snacks..
- If your into it, get a SparkPeople Profile, its like a Myspace for Weight loss. Sparkpeople.com
- BE TRUE TO YOURSELF! Dont pull that BS, you know if your doing things right or not! Dont upset yourself by stressing over something you know your doing!
- ... i dunno? Read up, like ur doing now!
Ultimately, limit ur proportions and drop the extra cookie here and there... Different things work for different people. If you dont see changes (and your doing things right), dont worry, there are changes on the inside, your getting healthy regardless. You'll loose weight!
The "safe" weight to loose is about 2-4 lbs a week, but dont worry. I didnt say that as if it was a goal to set, I said that to tell you not to starve yourself, because a drastic change in ur body isnt good... but do strive to see results.
It might be hard in the begining, but once you see the results on the scale, it'll be worth it. Also, dont weigh urself every day, try like... once a week or so...
This might be weird, but find a picture of someone like a role model or someone who would motivate you (a beautiful girl, or a hot guy), either of the same or opposite gender, and take it with u or remember it mentally. Everytime you get a bad urge, think of that person. Do you wanna be like that girl? Do you wanna get with that guy? Welll, then your gunna have to loose weight!
Good Luck, if you have any more questions, just ask!
If you really want it, you will get it.
Here is what i am doing I have lost 14 pounds since April 16th.
DO eat lots of fiber, whole grains, fruit, veggies, lean meats (no beef or red meat) And drink lots of water
DONT eat enriched flour or rice. Stay away from saturated fats, high fructose corn syrup, sugar and trans fat.
Splurge once a week. But get back on track.
about 4 times a week if you're a begginer. about 30 to 45 minutes of any type of cardio (running, walking, jogging, dancing, swimming, skating, machines like elliptical etc) and do very light weights for toning so you build muscle and burn more calories.
Try these websites: www.caloriesperhour.com to calculate calories burned and consumed
www.sparkpeople.com for support and other tools
invest in a standing desk like the ergotron workfit s 379 ergotron com or get crafty and raise your monitor and keyboard with books