Topic: Americans reject healthy eating advice. Your opinions on this issue?
June 27, 2019 / By Burney Question:
Jamie Oliver reduced to tears (and so are the Americans as they reject his healthy eating advice)
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1260052/Jamie-Oliver-reduces-mother-tears-Americans-reject-healthy-eating-advice.html#ixzz0j2n8edMl
Aldine | 2 days ago
Oh yeah, I heard about this, because I am from West Virginia. LMAO. OH GOD!
For 1 bag of chips, $2, for 1 salad $5. And people are wondering why obesity even exists?
But, I want to get some points out... kinda seems like they aren't getting another p.o.v.
1. We barely eat breakfast pizza. We have it about once every 2 to 3 months.
2. "2 out of 3 Americans are obese"? You know, they calculate obesity by BMI standards. Not by how much fat you actually have.
3. in West Virginia we mostly eat food from scratch, since we are out in the country and stores are miles away
4. that kid in that picture is actually very rare. There are maybe 3 to 5 out of 600 kids in my school that size or bigger.
5. that pic. of all the food on the table makes it seem like that is average with all of WV. Which, it clearly is not.
6. This is Primary School, a lot of kids are chunky at that age [6 - 11]... I know most of the kids in my grade was 'thick', now, they are sticks.
I feel a bit bad for this guy, he's trying to help, but he couldn't of possible thought that he'd change WV [or the whole USA] in a short period of time. If he really wants to change America, he should work at it, and it won't be easy. Americans do not like being told to do something by foreigners. We will just laugh at them because they do not understand us. I could probably 'touch' Americans more then him.
That dude crying was the funniest thing ever, lol. I can't believe he cried. What a b*tch.
Anyway, I think those people are stupid. He's right. I think they should let him help them. It won't be so bad. Eating healthy will keep you around and your risk of getting painful ailments will be reduced. Perhaps they felt judged or attacked? I don't know but I think they should have let him help them.
It was never going to work anyway, we don't like Americans telling us what to do in the UK so why get upset when they do the same....Looking at comments from the public in the British press most people don't care about the health of Americans anyway..
Lol he cried. ....Sorry
That is nice that he wants to help, but you can't help someone if they don't want to be helped. Maybe they felt bothered, or it came across the wrong way.