Green tea to aid weight loss - How many cups a day?
Topic: Green tea to aid weight loss - How many cups a day?
April 23, 2019 / By Benjy Question:
How many cups of green tea should i drink a day to help aid weight loss? I am not too keen on the taste - i think it tastes like soil, but i can force it down so its okay :) lol
I want to lose 8 lbs at a rate of 1-2 lbs a week and am controlling calories already.
How many cups?
Best Answers: Green tea to aid weight loss - How many cups a day?
Abell | 8 days ago
Here's some weight loss tip's I have picked up over the years:
- Exercise 6 to 7 days a week.
- And try to break your workout into two different sessions, this gives your metabolism a jolt.
- Drink 10 to 12 cups of water a day. And try to drink ice cold water, it burns more calories.
- Take enough vitamins, especially ones that promote weight loss (such as 1800 mg. of Fish Oil, Vitamin B Complex, Co-enzyme Q-10, ect. Do your research).
- Drink green tea or take green tea pills ( it's been shown to speed up your metabolism).
- For your metabolism's sake, eat within 1 hour of waking up and don't eat 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Try a vegan or vegetarian diet (it worked for me :D).
- Drink 12 oz. of warm lemon water (use the juice of 1/2 a lemon) with a little sea salt every morning. This will detoxify your body and make your skin look amazing.
- Or, if giving up meat just isn't your thing, just count calories. Try to have around 1200 a day.
- Try to avoid white, bleached, or enriched flour.
- Stay away from high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils.
- Eat every 2 to 4 hours to keep your metabolism going.
- Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism up.
- Try to get 6 to 8 hours of sleep. When your body is deprived of sleep your appiteite increases by 15%.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners are the devil. If you have a sweet tooth, grab some fruit.
- Avoid all junk food, fast food, and fried food.
- Try only drinking water, tea, and black coffee. There are so many hidden calories in drinks.
- Eat whole grain foods and healthy fats (like olives, avacados, nuts, ect) and stay away from refined or "bad" carbs.
- Remember to read the labels. They hide so much junk in "healthy diet" foods now a days. My rule of thumb is, if I can't pronounce it, I won't put it in my body. Because you are what you eat.
- Set small goals (like 5 pounds) and when you reach your goal reward yourself with something (not food).
And just remember that you can do this. It's not impossible. You just have to stick to it and the weight will just fall off. Good luck with losing weight. Hope I've helped. :):)
👍 284 | 👎 8
Did you like the answer? Green tea to aid weight loss - How many cups a day?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: How many cups of green tea daily to help lose weight?
The best way to lose weight is through a balanced diet and regular exercise. Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant that can aid in weight loss by improving your metabolism, which in turn allows your body to burn fat faster.
It is usually recommended to drink 3-4 cups of Green Tea a day in order to receive its full health benefits. In Japan, we usually drink Green Tea together with our meals.
Read about the Health Benefits of Green Tea here
Green tea is fantastic as a weight loss aid. Each cup will help burn around 23 calories of fat (depending on strength and the individual). Doesn't sound like much but in the world of fat burning it's a good amount.
You can get benefit from 4-7 cups a day. 7 would be about the maximum I'd recommend.
So if you were drinking 4 you'd burn around 92 calories a day.
Besides the weight loss benefits, there are is a massive list of other benefits.
I'll give you a quick method for the best brew.
Boil the kettle and once it's boiled let it stand for 3 minutes. Pour the water in the cup with the tea bag and let that stand for 2 minutes. Remove the bag.
As for the taste. It's a common problem. I personally have come to love it. What you can do is start off with weaker brew's until you get used to it and then increase strength.
You can also add low-fat milk and honey, lemon also makes it pretty good.. It will not change the properties of the tea. The only difference is the calories burnt won't be quite as much but you're probably talking about 1 or 2 calories per cup. Just don't go mad on the honey and milk. Just enough to help with the flavour.
One final warning. Start on 1 cup a day for a week and add a cup a week until you're at your desired amount. You also don't want to drink it too late in the afternoon or you'll spend your night in the toilet. Green tea is a diuretic so it'll increase urination.
Don't panic though, your body will adjust and you'll normalise.
👍 120 | 👎 -1
atleast 5 cups a day is perfect. Though there really is not much effect on weight loss, green tea can slighty boost your metobolism. When you say take effect i assume you mean in weight loss? You probably wont even notice any affect with your weight but internaly you will be a lot more healthy, and green tea is a great refreshment I dont think it matters what brand you get because all have no caffiene. But i like Lipton, Nerada and Tetley Hope this helps
👍 113 | 👎 -10
I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!
Get started today!
👍 106 | 👎 -19
take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food
👍 99 | 👎 -28
give your protein extra low calorie flavor by adding a salsa or chutney instead of a gooey cream sauce
👍 92 | 👎 -37
alcohol has calories too you know sub three drinks a week for lighter versions to drop a pound a year
👍 85 | 👎 -46
Originally Answered: How many cups of Green Tea do I have to drink a day to efficiently boost my metabolism?
Hi there, according to article I found drinking even 5-6 six cup of green tea daily doesn't affect amount of the burned calories any more than a six minutes jogging.
Q Will green tea really increase my metabolism and boost fat loss?
A "Green tea appears to boost metabolism slightly, but nobody has documented that drinking it helps people lose weight," says Adriane Fugh-Berman, M.D., an associate professor of physiology and biophysics at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. Only one published study, a Swiss trial conducted on 10 men, has tested the effect of green tea on metabolism. Extrapolating the results of this research, Fugh-Berman says that if you drink four or five cups of green tea a day, "you might burn an extra 60 calories--but that's not a lot." It's about the same number of calories you'd burn in six minutes of jogging.
Part of the metabolism boost can be attributed to the caffeine in green tea, but results from the Swiss study suggest that some other substance is also at work, since green tea seems to increase metabolism slightly more than the equivalent amount of caffeine.
Although green tea itself isn't likely to stimulate weight loss, Fugh-Berman says, if you substitute the tea for lattes or juice, the calorie savings might help you slim down.