Topic: Please take a glance at my weight loss blog? I need help!?
May 25, 2019 / By Autumn Question:
I'm 16 years old, 5'5", and 148.2 lbs. My goal weight is 115-120 lbs. Tell me how long you think it'll take to lose about 30 lbs. this way, or give me tips or suggestions, whatever... I've only logged 5 days, just what I eat and do for exercise.
Thank you so much for the help!!
Virgee | 10 days ago
Well done for sticking to the diet for 5 days! Your doing really well, but i think you should be eating a little bit more. I know what im saying is boring and you won't listen, as nobody does (myself included!), but you can't starve yourself as your metabolism will go down and when you stop eating mainly fruit, veg and protein, you will put on weight quickly, even if you are not pigging out. But your doing a lot of exercise, so that should keep your metabolism up.
I went down from a size 18 to a 10 (uk sizes). Now im back where i started. It sucks. I started a diet diary on facebook (ruthies diet diary, if you want to search for it), i lost 10lbs in 3/4 weeks, but i stopped doing it. Im going to get back to it soon though, as i want to be able to wear nice summer clothes again. I couldn't figure out how to comment on your blog. But if you start a diet group on facebook i'll nag you if you want :)
1. exercise for 30 minutes every day.
try jogging or running on the tredmill or join a sport like baseball or soccer.\
2. stop eating/drinking anything with refined sugars or that is processed.
sugers turn into fat. Sugars actually turn into fat quicker than other foods
3. drink 64 oz. of water every day (this might be hard, but that is the amount u should aim to get every day)
When a person is thirsty, the brain sends messages to your throat and stomach. Even though the throat might be trying to tell you that u r thirsty, the signals in the stomach are more noticeable. The stomach makes you feel hungry when you are actually thirsty sometimes. So, when u r hungry, u might be thirsty, so try drinking water first
4. watch your calories
aim to only eat about 2500 calories a day. One pound of fat is made up of 3500 calories. If you eat less than 2500 calories a day and only eat about 2000 calories a day. If you do this, you will lose about a pound a week
To be more specific, you can...
1. First start by getting up earlier than usual. Around 5:30 AM to do some of you workouts. Getting up early shocks your metabolism because the body needs
more energy to get going. Right? This will start your system on the road to weight loss. That early start with about 10 minutes of stretching. Have a cup of
coffee to get the blood going also.
2. Do all the sit-ups you can. Just do them. 15 or 20 whatever, we don't have a lot of time to work with. Rest 1 minute repeat, do this for 6 sets. Already
you are breathing hard and feel worn, because the body is working extra hard at being up earlier and then going right into exercise. If the early morning
hour lets you get your cardio in, go ahead and do it. 30 minutes.
3. Diet. Cut all current meal portions in half, just cut them in half, nothing fancy or complicated, CUT IN HALF! Cut out all bread products, all gravies,
candies, chips, night snacks, etc. If you crave at night eat a banana, other fruit or best a non-fat yogurt. There are some tasty ones out there.
4. In the evening do another 6 sets of sit-ups maxing out each set. Cardio again. The trick is to stay with getting up earlier. Yes it’s hard, that’s why
it is so effective. Why do you think the Army gets up so early, it is intense training to the max.
drink 3 cups of green tea in 24 hours researchers say it can increase energy expenditure by 106 calories