Originally Answered: Foods for type 1 diabetics?
* Avoid single high concentrated meals.
* Small frequent meals, more times in a day.
* Food high in fibre content like vegetables, whole pulses, fruits, etc.
Ideal combination of diabetic diet should be:--
Proteins: 15-20% (0.8g /kg /body wt).
Fibres 40 g/day.
Do not eat at all:--
Sugar, jam, syrups, honey, sweets, chocolates, fruit juices, ice creams, cold drinks, glucose drinks, cakes and pastries, sweet biscuits, puddings and protein powder with sugar.
Eat in moderation:--
Bread, chapatis, oat porridge, cornflakes (No sugar), Cheese, butter, Noodles or spaghetti, macroni, Thick soups, Milk & milk products, Chicken, lean meat, fish.
* Salads (cucumber, tomato, onion, raddish, salad leaves).
* Vegetables (cabbage, baigan, lady fingers, french beans, methi, palak).
* Fruits (except banana, chockoo or mangoes).
* Sprouted beans and pulses.
* Marie biscuit (with less sugar).
* Clear soups, Lemon juice, Buttermilk
Consult a dietitian.