Originally Answered: The best way for me to lose fat and build muscle?
Here are a few tips;
WHEN to eat...
• Eat (at least) three times a day.
Because when you eat only once a day, your metabolism gets slower than it already is! That's the main reason. Sounds funny, but to lose weight... you must eat (the right things, of course)
• Eat low-fat, high-fiber foods such as salads and vegetable pastas.
• Your last meal should be before 18:00. Try.
OK, one apple after 18:00
• Don't starve
Starvation is not good for losing weight, nor your health.
Starvation is the worse thing you can do in a weight loss diet.
• Try oatmeal instead of cornflakes for breakfast--eating oatmeal can help reduce cholesterol levels, and its high fiber content will keep you full longer.
WHAT to drink...
• Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day !
Can be tap, plain, mineral, sparkling. I just love mineral sparkling water!
This improves your bowel, reduces the "hunger" sensation, and hydrates your skin. Your skin will look much better after the first weeks!
Don't believe the slogan "water makes me fat". Beside being stupid... you might get into serious troubles with your kidneys.
• Drink ONLY natural juices, freshly squized!
Don't drink Coca Cola, Pepsi, Spite etc. during the diet. Even lite or light versions.
I thought this was not possible for me to achieve. Now... I don't even LIKE them anymore!
Nothing compares to the the smell of a fresh natural fruit juice! Not speaking about health...
• Avoid those vending machines by carrying around your own healthful foods and leaving pocket change at home.
exercise for losing weight...
• If you want quicker results - exercise would be good.
• Start a regular exercise program and stick with it. Don't be afraid of those sweat suits and Lycra pants!
• Start swimming. Swimming is an excellent exercise to get involved with, since it increases blood flow and uses muscles we don't regularly use. Start a swimming program and try to do it 3 times a week. You will feel excellent and rejuvenated.
• Choose an exercise program that you enjoy, and don't shun the unconventional. For instance, did you know that regular vigorous dancing is exercise too?
• Also Cardiovascular exercises such as running, jogging, or aerobics will help you lose that unwanted belly fat. Weight training can also help you lose body fat because the more muscle mass you have, the more ability your system has to burn body fat.