Topic: eating healthier?
June 18, 2019 / By Aglæca Question:
how can i eat healthier? today i had general tso"s chicken and im regreting it. i really need to change my eating habits. are there and good ways to eat healthier? any help is appercaiated.
Best Answers: eating healthier?
Tim | 5 days ago
Take baby steps by cutting certain foods out of your diet.Example:General tso's chicken is so good but so bad for you. The amount of sugar and salt and fat could feed you for the week. If you cannot cut out what you know is bad then change the size of your portions to 1/2 of what you are eating now. Then add fruit and veggies along the bad to balance the meal.
You should be proud about your conscience choice to eating & living healthier.
👍 278 | 👎 5
Did you like the answer? eating healthier?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: Eating healthier.?
omg that very healthy...make sure u get around 1800-2200 calories a day! here are some other ideas 4 snacks...
-baked lays chips
-100 calorie packs
-breyers double churned(and no added sugar) ice cream
-chocolate peanut butter ricecakes
-frozen fruit with fat free cool whip
-quaker chewy granola bars
-vegies and dip
-pretzels and fat free cream cheese
oh and peanuts/peanut butter is healthy too despite what people say...just stay within portions...
try this site, it has some good recipies
they are good on the hip pocket too.
👍 120 | 👎 -4
Hey girl! I feel your pain! I'm going through the same thing myself. The most important thing to remember is to eat more fruits and veggies. I know you've probably heard it all the time and are tired of it, but it's true. I have started eating more and my acne has cleared up, I have more energy, and I have no more cravings for junk. Whenever I feel like I need a sweet fix, I grab fruit.
Next is the meat department. It is best if you cut back on beef and pork. If you love it and have to have it, then only eat it once a week. Instead, eat lots of fish and chicken (not fried, and try white meat, breats are best).
If you're interested in going vegetarian or vegan than go with tofu and other "meat."
This is the official website of the book Skinny *****, which is all about going vegan. They recommend brands of vegan foods that don't taste like crap.
Anyways, I hope this helps! Good luck!
👍 116 | 👎 -13
Tips to eatting better and living healthier:
Start off slow adding one tip at a time (in this order) until you are doing them all.
1. Drink at minimum (min.) a sip of plain water every ½ hour then work your way up to 8- 8oz glasses per 24 hour period.
2. Eat a small amount of cheese, yogurt, or food item with calcium and Vitamin D daily. Live active cultures are a very good thing.
3. Make sure you are getting the right nutrients in your diet or are taking supplements. Eating the nutrients is best. I take the store brand version of daily vitamins to cover me as well as eating right. Some examples of needed items in your diet: Fiber, fiber, fiber! You should be able to have a bowel movement at absolute min. twice per week, daily is best, as mentioned above Calcium and Vit. D, and Folic acid. Add low fat proteins. Meat should only be the thickness of your hand and the size of your main palm area.
4. Eat whole wheat or whole grain instead of white grained products. Attempt to stay away from foods that are white in color. You need to have a variety of colored foods. Add a serving of “good” nuts like almonds.
5. You can eat all the salad, fruits and vegetables you want
6. Start cutting back on the following: sugar, white foods, high fats, caffeine.
👍 112 | 👎 -22
Originally Answered: How to start eating healthier?
One thing so many people leave out of a healthy diet is healthy fats. These are so important and they wont make you fat, actually they can help you lose fat. The best sources of healthy fats I would recommend are avocado, nuts (especially macadamia nuts and almonds), chia seeds, flax seeds, fish oil, olive oil, coconut oil and egg yolks.
I'm not familiar with the Naked drink, but make sure you check the labels to make sure it doesn't have too much sugar in it, as a lot of those drinks do.
If you're looking for websites and youtube channels I would suggest Marks Daily Apple, jonnybowdenblog.com and Aavia publishing on youtube.
Also if you have any margarine, get rid of it straight away! Replace it with butter. Somebody sent me an email about the dangers of margarine a while ago and if you read that you would never touch margarine again. If you want to see the email, let me know.
And it's great that you want to start healthy eating, especially at your age! If you continue it, it will make such a positive difference to your life :)