Originally Answered: Need help putting on weight.?
Try nutritional supplements definatly, along with consumeing more dense foods!
- Ensure Plus/ Boost Plus are great nutritional weight- gain supplements and are healthy with the benefit of probiotics/ omega 3's/ 8+ essential nutrients/ a source of calcium and protein!
Consume either Ensure Plus, or Boost Plus twice per day, ontop of dailey regimes/ eatting- do not decrease.
(Chocolate flavours taste best heated in a mug in the microwave- tastes like hot chocolate, other flavours taste best chille)
Also try these dense food's!
- Whole- 3% milks
- Cottage cheese
- Greek yoghurts
- Added cheese (sliced/ grated/ shredded/ diced) - crackers, sandwhiches, salads, cassaroles, homemade meals, pastas, etc ..
- Added powdered milk to cassaroles/ oatmeals/ mashed potatoes
- Cream based soups/ sauces instead of broth/ vegetable based
- Wholewheat pasta (with pesto/ cream sauce, added cheese/ extra vegetables/ optional lean protein- turkey/ lean beef- soy meatballs, chicken, shrimp/ scallops, ground lean turkey/ beef, etc ..)
- Brown/ long grain rice
- Couscous/ quinoa
- Thick- cut wholewheat bread/ bagels/ wraps/ pitas/ english muffins/ waffles/ flatbread
- Bran muffins
- Wholegrain crackers/ flatbread crackers (with cheese, hummus, peanut butter, or canned white tuna)
- Granola/ musili
- Wholegrain/ fiber granola bars (Nature Valley)
- Oat/ hot oatmeal made with milk/ added natural crunchy peanut butter stirred in
- Yams/ potatoes (mashed/ roasted/ baked) with olive oil/ margerine, milks/ cheeses, sour creams, herbs, cinnamain/ nutmegs, etc ..)
- Added whreatgerm/ bran to cereals/ oatmeals
- Added margerine/ olive oils to cooked vegetables/ startches/ pastas/ breads
Dense fruits/ vegetables
- Dried fruits (added to yoghurts, cereals, oatmeals, salads, trail mix, etc ..)
- Canned fruits in syrups/ added custard on fruits
- Fruit juices (Odwalla juices)
- Bananas/ avacados
- Apples/ celery/ bananas with crunchy/ smooth natural peanut butter
- Steamed/ cooked vegetables with added margerine/ olive oil/ grated- melted cream cheese)
- Canned vegetables (added margerine/ olive oil)
- Regular salad dressings
- Vegetable juice
- Crunchy vegetables and hummus/ bean dip
- Black olives
Lean meats/ meat alternatives
- Salmon/ fish- seafoods
- Canned white albacore tuna (in olive oil)
- Breaded chicken/ turkey breasts- fillets, halibit/ cod/ etc..
- Lean steak/ pork tenderlions - Lean beef/ pork pot roasts
- Ham steaks
- Lean ground turkey/ beef
- Nuts/ seeds
- Natural smooth/ crunchy peanut butters (sandwhiches, oatmeals, crackers, fruits- vegetables, milkshakes, etc..)
- Quorn/ tofu/ soy
- Baked beans/ refried beans
- Chickpeas/ hummus
- Etc ..