Topic: How do I lose 15 lbs in 1 month?
September 17, 2019 / By Ronnie Question:
Okay I don't know how realistic it is to lose 15 pounds in 1 month. How much weight could I lose in one month? I am 5'3 and 145 pounds. Any at home exercises I could do? I do not have enough money for a gym membership. How long should it take to lose 15 pounds? What should I eat to lose 15 pounds?
Monika | 1 day ago
Your weight loss goal of a half-pound per day is very realistic.
I will give you some ideas on diet and exercise:
Check a BMI calculator to determine how much weight you need to lose to be "normal."
You should find exercise that fits into your daily routine, like walking to school, bicycling to the grocery store, and hiking through a local park. Try to perform these moderate exercise activities for at least an hour every day. Eat more fruits and vegetables, since these are both filling and filled with the nutrients that your body needs.
Let me give you a summary of my meals in a typical day:
Breakfast: A high-fiber cup of oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. A pint of coffee or green tea.
Alternatively, a high-protein scrambled egg with an Anaheim or Pasadilla pepper, a handful of mushrooms, and half-cup of cheese, with a topping of Greek or Italian spices. Two bananas.
Lunch: Snacking and a meal at work is one orange and two apples; ten-grain, flax-meal, psillium home-made crackers with a half-cup of spreadable soft feta; a half-cup of cinnamon-sugar almonds; a pint of coffee; a quart of water.
Alternatively, a soup of clam chowder with a half-cup of added mixed seafood such as clams and octopus or split pea soup; dried figs and apricots to satisfy hunger between meals; a half-cup of cayenne-coated sunflower seeds; a quart of water.
Dinner: A half-head of lettuce with thousand island or blue cheese dressing. Two bananas with a glass of milk. Two cups of herbal tea.
Alternatively, a high-fiber, multi-grain and flax meal pasta with red sauce, adding mushrooms, peppers, bok choi, and a few black olives. Another meal is stir-fry vegetables in a ginger terriyaki or vegetable spring rolls with duck sauce. A cup of brown rice or wild rice, not a true rice, as a high-fiber side dish is very filling with green tea or herbal tea.
My daily exercise routine is 16 miles of biking, unless the weather is nasty. If the weather is bad, I run 4 miles a day with a backpack. On my days off work, I usually hike about 5 miles in winter due to snow on my paths and 10 miles in summer. Try to do at least an hour of moderate exercise per day, which can be a commute to pick-up groceries, get to work or school, or a hike in a park or neighborhood.
Check a BMI calculator to set your weight goal. Your BMI should be between 19 and 25.
Look-up healthy eating and other topics related to your health at WebMD as well:
The best colon cleaners: strawberries, bananas, oatmeal, apples, psyllium husk powder, and flax meal. If these do not work, try a cheap laxative like generic calcium polycarbophil or sennosides. If you still want to pay more for roughly the same effects, try "Acai Berry Cleanse" or Cellular Research Formula "Colon Clear" and "Total Body Purifier." Buy a juicer and pulp apples and other fruits. Make vegetarian stir fry and serve over rice. All of these are safe and effective purifiers.
Originally Answered: 3 month goal. How much can I lose?
First, let me congratulate you in the fact that you're not like those yahoos that ask how to do it in a week.
Second, the more important part is your body fat % (not total weight). You could lose ~10 lbs and if you're tone and fit, have a very nice body or could lose ~20 and not look so good. Get your body fat % checked (doctor or any good gym) and set a goal of how much fat to lose in 4 months.
Third - here's your help:
One word 'Insanity' - google Insanity workout and get it. (you can also try 'the Shred' but it won't be as good/effective)
If you don't want to try that then see below:
Running...you can run no matter where you live. Just pick a route with people on it so you feel safe. Put some sweats and a hat to keep warm.
- Jump rope (60s on, 30s off). Repeat 5-10 times.
- quads - do wall sits. Put your back against a wall and pretend you're sitting in a chair. Hold as long as you can. Back up, then repeat.
- Jump lunges (60s on, 30s off): switch feet in place (jump up slightly and land in a lunge position)
- Butt/quads: do Lunges (no weights). Walk across the floor doing thigh bends (your knee should almost hit the ground). Go slow and concentrate
- Side lunges: grab one light dumb bell (5-10 lbs each) in each hand and start standing straight up. Lunge right, then back up, then left (go for 60s, 30s rest)
- hamstrings - get an ab ball (can get for ~$10). lay on the ground and put your feet up on the ball (extended). With your butt off the ground use your hampstring muscles to pull the ball into your butt. Extend out and repeat
- Sumo squats: grab a light (10-20 lb) weight (you can fill up a milk jug with water and use that). hold the the weight in your hands inbetween your legs. Point your feet outward and squat down and back up (go for 60s, 30s rest)
- side jumps - get a step (or something similar). jump over it non-stop (side to side) for 60s, take a 30s break and repeat (4 times).
- Mountain climbers (60s on, 30s off): get down on all fours like you're going to 'scurry' up a mountain. One foot up and one foot back...alternate feet in a jump fashion (go for 60s, 30s rest)
- Burpees (60s on, 30s off): Start up. Go down in a push up position. Jump up (straight up, or jumping jack).
- High kicks (60s on, 30s off): Kick legs (waist high). Alternate
- Also do inner/outer thighs with resistance bands (get a trainer at the gym to show you). You can usually get a one time session for free and resistance bands don't cost that much (so you can buy some and do in your apartment)
- Eating and stomach (abs)
You can (and should) eat 5-6 semi-small nutritious meals...speeds up your metabolism and prevents you from being too hungry. Don't load up with 'tons' of food and don't cut your calories to bare mininum (1K) as this slows down your metabolism.
You can try eating various things: fresh fruit, chicken, brown rice, broccoli, beef jerky, protein shake, applesauce (no sugar added), veggies, lean ground turkey, turkey sausages, Low sugar protein bars (or try Kashi bars). Oh, and substitute any junk food with Odwalla bars (the choco. chip ones are fabulous and have 8 grams of protein). (I'm 'frugal' too and can still find good, healthy food to eat)
If you eat ~7 a.m. ~10 a.m. 1p.m. 4 p.m. 7p.m. (and 10 p.m. if you're up late you should be great. Get your excercise/workout in b/w any of those meals (or directly prior)
You don't need many weights or machines. You can get one of those ab balls online or at a Target/Wal-mart for like $10-$15. Do abs using the ball...always works your core. Also get some resistance bands and you can work your legs (outer thighs) as well. You can deflate the ball and take it with you
- Oblique exercises (twisting - works your 'love handles'). Do a lot of these using the ab ball: sit on the ball hold a 10 lb weight and walk your feet forward. 'Lay down' and with the weigh above you twist to one side-up-pause-twist to the other side. Ensure you're using your obliques to do the work.
- Start taking a thermogenic fat burner (will burn fat faster when your body temp rises - i.e. working out), ripped fuel 5x, or hydroxycut hardcore before your workouts. Don't exceed the daily recommended allowance and drink plenty of water. You don't NEED these, they just help burn fat faster while providing energy. You could take a multi-vitamin instead (relatively cheap at Wal-mart)
If you detox you can lose a lot... as much as 50 lbs. When you can't lose its usually due to way too much toxin levels in your body. Detoxing cleanses the colan, the kidneys and the liver and flushes the blood stream out so that you actually feel vigorated and full of energy and like a new person. Some detox's also work to enhance the metabolism naturally so that you burn while you are detoxing. The best one for that out there is the Master Cleanse. If you get on the web you can bring that one up but a lot of them that tell you about it give you the wrong amounts to mix together. The right amounts are mix 12 tab. of organic or fresh squeezed lemon juice to 12 tab. of organic grade B all natural maple syrup which is only found in a health food store. That makes your daily solution. Purchase all natural cayenne pepper too. Then from that mixture, take 3 tab of it and mix with 8 oz of water and sprinkle 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper on top and stir well. Drink this cup of mixture ever 2 to 3 hours daily. Then the next day make a new mixture. You should be taking 6 to 8 cups of this mixture daily but the 8 cups is better and the mixture will make a full 8 doses. Do this for 10 days and watch the pounds fall off. While doing this, walk at least 30 minutes a day and if you get nauseated drink mint or camomile tea. If you feel hungry you may munch on any raw all green veggies like broccoli, green peppers or cucumber, etc. You may not cook the veggies or a small portion of fresh fruit. This will enhance the losing process if you don't over do it on the fruit or veggies. It works. I do a detox every 6 months but you can do a half detox sooner than 6 months. Some people detox 2 days of every week and say it also works but a bit slower on the weight loss.
You might most likely simply reduce out your carbs and starches. Like do not consume bread or goodies or fruit. Sugar loose jello and Popsicles and gum are well possible choices. I'm gonna be doing that kinda nutrition. It's difficult however u can certainly unfastened 10 kilos or extra in a pair weeks. Like snack on cellery and hummus and feature fowl breast or a few lean meats. Also watch ur calorie consumption too. Keep it round 1200. I mostly consume not up to that a day however it is not healthful specifically if ur 14. I misplaced plenty of weight whilst I was once ur age and I ate little or no and I bought outcome even though and rapid however nonetheless its no longer healthful whilst ur nonetheless developing. Just reduce out the starches and you are gonna see rapid outcome however you are going to ought to upload them again in slowly after. Like begin with oatmeal and brown rice and the ones complete grains. U can not consume the white processed carbs ever.
You can't. The healthy amount to lose per week is 1-3 lbs. Anything more and it becomes dangerous, or you are only losing water wait.
As always, weight loss will take time, dedication, and patience.
There is no quick fix.