I'm freaking constipated! Help!?
Topic: I'm freaking constipated! Help!?
November 22, 2019 / By Oralie Question:
What can I do to get myself to need to take a god hardy crap? I drink more than enough fluids, exercise regularly, try to stay away from preservatives, and even ingest small amounts of caffeine via hot tea, and still I can't crap. I feel like I'm bloated/full and haven't had this issue before, but perhaps from stress, I can't seem to push it out. I don't think I can buy an enema over hte counter since I can't find them anywhere, and know enough not to use a tap water enema. I eat a lot of fruits too (like 4 services or more a day). I do pass gas a few times a day, so I obviously do have bowel sounds. I usually end up with loose stools during my period and even when I was bleeding like a drive-by victim, I still wasn't pooping like I should. I can squeeze out small amounts of fecal matter (like marble size at most). Besides taking a laxative pill which can give me the shits at anytime, how else can I try to get things moving?
Best Answers: I'm freaking constipated! Help!?
Maisie | 8 days ago
Don't use laxatives! They are habit forming and can make your problem worse in the long term. Try taking psyllium husks, you can get them in capsules so they are easier to take. It's basically pure fibre, but grain free so it's easier to process.
Eating more healthy fats, especially coconut oil, help too since they keep your insides lubricated so everything can move along more easily. Coconut oil is one of the best options because it also kills bacterial and fungal infections, which could be contributing to your problem.
Eat more high-fibre fruits like apples, and cut back on sweet fruits. Eat more vegetables too, but make sure they are cooked (soup, stew, stir fry, etc). Cooked veggies are easier to digest.
More hot and warm foods and drinks, and less cold. Warmth helps muscles to relax, and can help your digestive tract work better, cold causes muscles to tense up
If none of this helps, you could try bentonite clay. Take it in the morning with psyllium husks and lots of water, it really helps with any kind of digestive problem, even food poisoning, since it absorbs bacteria, chemicals and anything that could be causing your problem, and then pushes it out when you go
👍 284 | 👎 8
Did you like the answer? I'm freaking constipated! Help!?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: Colon Cancer? Crohn's Disease? 13 year old girl freaking out here!?
Hi Jo Jo
If your colon is bunged up, it can start to cause all sorts of health problems in the body. Eat lots of fruit and veg, include plenty of fiber in your diet and buy a colon cleanse from a health food store or online if necessary. It's also good to get some colonic irrigation. It makes you feel so clean inside and you get the urge to put only good food in your body after you've been cleansed.
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, herbal tea or unsweetened juice each day
2. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper
3. Eat every two hours, by having healthy snacks in between meals. Eating frequently increases your metabolism.
4. Eat lots of fruit and veg.
5. When having potatoes, rice or pasta, just have a small portion.
1) Eat at least 5 servings of different fruits and vegetables every day. Don't eat any junk/snack type food until you've had at least 5 fruits/vegetables.
2) Stick to whole, unprocessed foods such as whole grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, nuts. As much as you can, try to eat foods that don't have a brand name! So, for example, eat oatmeal (you can buy oats in the bulk bin of most grocery stores) instead of Honey Bunches of Oats.
3) Eliminate partially hydrogenated oil and high-fructose corn syrup completely.
4) Drink a gallon of water instead of soda. If you really want juice, make it a nutritious juice, such as orange juice. Apple and grape juices have very little in the way of nutrients.
5) Minimize animal products, especially fatty ones, as much as possible.
6) Learn about colon cleansing every quarter to remove excess waste and toxins out of the body. You'll be better in no time.
Best of health to you
You need some laxatives, but not the ones in the form of pills or syrup.
The best laxative I would recommend is prune juice. My dad is a nurse and he recommended it to me months ago when I went though days of constipation.
It makes stool a bit liquid-like, but better out than in, so be prepared. It's best to also look up what makes you constipated and stay away from those things. I know I ate a lot of bananas at the time, so you better stay away from those too.
chug some prune juice!
👍 120 | 👎 -1
Listed here are some foods that work like a charm for me Dried peaches Asparagus Black Berries coffee Go for a stroll to a Tim Hortons and have a coffee, then walk residence. If this does not work i'd go to the doctor.
👍 113 | 👎 -10
Why do you say that you know enough "not to use a tap water enema"? I would suggest that as the best solution for your condition.
👍 106 | 👎 -19
Originally Answered: Why is he still constipated?
I was told to watch out for cereal, apples, bananas, squash and carrots as they are all constipating foods. Pears, plums & prunes, apricots, peaches, peas and green beans are all less constipating. Try using some of those more often. My little boy gets constipated easliy also. I wouldn't use the Karo syrup. I know they say in some places tro use it, but I would never feed my son pure sugar like that. I would try something else. I use glycerin suppositories if he gets clogged. They work in about two hours and help soften the poop so it can come out. Plus they do not harm him in any way , try if you want.