Originally Answered: How can i lose 25 pounds without diet pills or stuff like that in a month and a half?
25lbs will take 12 1/2 to 25 months. You can't lose 25lbs in 6 weeks. I don't care if you have prom coming up or are going on vacation, you just can't lose that much. Well, I take that back, you can technically, but if you did, it wouldn't be all fat. Most of it would be lost water weight and muscle mass (not good!).
To lose fat:
1. DON’T BELIEVE THOSE FAD DIETS! DIET PILLS ARE GIMMICKS! Yes, Acai berries/pills/juice is a fad diet.
2. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! Unless you are tiny as it is, a 1,200 calorie a day diet is DANGEROUS and won't work in the long run.
3. Find the ammount of calories you need to eat per day to maintain your weight. Try this link: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequi...
4. Eat healthy and eat about 500 calories below that number. Eating too little will result in loss of water weight and muscle mass, not fat (what you actually want to lose).
5. Eat 5-6 small meals a day. This keeps your metabolism up. Each meal should include fruits, veggies, water, and protein. Oatmeal is great for breakfast.
5. Drink at least 64oz (8 8oz glasses) of water a day. No soda (that includes diet soda). A great FAQ for proper diet (and general fitness): http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html
6. Do light/moderate cardio 3 to 5 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes each time. Running, bicycling, and swimming are great for this. If you are obese, do low impact stuff like walking or swimming.
7. Do some strength training to make sure you lose fat and not muscle. Don't worry; you won't look like the hulk if you lift weights.
8. You should lose about 1-2lbs (.45-.9kg) per week. If you lose more than that, chances are the rest is stool, water weight, or even muscle mass.
Be patient and be smart. If you follow this guideline you will be very happy with your results. Good luck!