need to lose weight quickly?
Topic: need to lose weight quickly?
November 21, 2019 / By Kilie Question:
i am getting ready for my wedding and i have ordered a perfect outfit online( i know thats my first mistake) i went up a size to ensure that it fits however it is a size too small still, i am overweight and i need to lose weight quickly and as much as possible( 3 months) not only for me but for the girl i want to spend the rest of my life with, she deserves better and i will give it to her. I would like to know of any good diet plans and food that will help me. I do work out casually and I am stepping that up as well. But the diet is the main issue here. I want to make a lifestyle change and would appreciate all help I can get.
Best Answers: need to lose weight quickly?
Jane | 6 days ago
My suggestion would be minor changes to your diet. smaller portion sizes, less snacking, drink water rather than sugary drinks. try fitting in times for exercise maybe run a mile every morning or jog around the block a couple times before bed, even fitting in short 10 min aerobic exercises 3-6 times a day would help. try asking a friend to go for a run with you or to the gym if you feel you might need motivation, also listen to music that will pump you up. don't go at it alone. You could try finding some learn how videos and dance. (it may sound silly but dancing with a group has helped me, we mostly do hip hop but other forms of dancing work as well). Remember to tell someone that you are trying to lose weight so they can help support you and push you along so you are more likely to succeed. (It's possible I have lost 20 pounds this school year and dropped 2 sizes since Christmas by the minor changes in my diet, dancing, marching band, and playing games at youth group .
👍 280 | 👎 6
Did you like the answer? need to lose weight quickly?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: What's a great way to lose stomach fat fast? Or simply lose weight quickly?
jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you lose weight
evenly throughout your whole body. If you want to lose weight in
specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are
your problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will have
to work double on them. The best approach is this:
1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normal
weight, lower for overweight).
2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.
3. Target your problem areas with exercises.
an excellent exercise, you can do it in front of your TV: sit on a
stool, and put your toes under something (piece of heavy furniture,
for example). In your hands hold a little dumbbell. Please, make sure
that it is not very heavy, start with one kilo, for example, or you
will damage your back and spine! Slowly move the upper part of your
body back, until it's parallel with the ground. Stop for a second and
move it back to the sitting position. Repeat ten times. Every week add
to the number of repetitions. You will see the results in a week,
guaranteed! You will see or feel under the fat - if you have any - six
pack and muscles. Dumbbells do wonders. Much better than these
crunches - I came up to three hundreds and there was no results AT
ALL. With the dumbbells you will see it in a week.
beware of fat free or zero trans fats foods as you could be trading fats for huge amounts of sugar or sodium
👍 120 | 👎 0
pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be
👍 115 | 👎 -6
drink 3 cups of green tea in 24 hours researchers say it can increase energy expenditure by 106 calories
👍 110 | 👎 -12
people who regularly weigh themselves and keep track of their progress in a journal are more likely to lose weight
👍 105 | 👎 -18
Originally Answered: I'm fat and I need to lose weight quickly!?
Universal had some good pointers there, I'd like to add a few more.
Some of these take some effort, I'm only listing them to give you all the options I can think of that have not been mentioned by other posters.
1) At the end of the shower turn it to cold for 20-30 seconds. Will get your circulation going and your body has to heat you up again.
2) Your body has 2 types of storage fat, one it can get to more easy and one harder to get to (which is normally the last one to go (usually around your belly and thighs)
- Green tea does not burn fat, but it makes fat in the harder to get to storage easier for your body to access
- Fasting gives you longer times with low insulin levels that enable your body to switch to burning fat (ketosis) instead of carbs. (Atkins diet also uses this) Fasting isn't everyone's cup of tea, quite a few people like the 5 meals a day dogma but it's an option you can try out (I'm a big fan of intermittent fasting). Some people talk about your body going into "starvation mode" and breaks down the muscle. This does happen but you would have to eat no calories for 48 hours for this to be possible to start.
3) If you are willing to do decent cardio (I mean getting your blood pumping and huffing and puffing for 30-40min 3/4 times a week, and I don't mean just walking) or even better High Intensity Interval Training HIIT once you're up to it you can increase your metabolism for 7-14% for a whole day, so you keep burning more calories even after you stop exercising.
4) In the long run, if you want to keep your lower weight a bit of weight training is good, too. You'll get better muscle tone for that fit curvy look and with more muscle your body will burn more calories. Also it takes calories to train the muscle in the first place, and then to build more.
It's time to shine be awesome :D