Best weight loss diet for busy vegetarian mom?
Topic: Best weight loss diet for busy vegetarian mom?
September 19, 2019 / By Chasity Question:
I am a busy young mom with 3 kids, ages 3, 2, and 4 months. I have gained a lot of weight in my pregnancies and would like to lose about 80 pounds. I want to lose it slowly and healthfully. I do not have the time or money to join a gym, and do not have the child care. Also, I can not afford to buy any exercise equipment or expensive pills/gadgets etc. What are some healthy diet plans that are vegetarian friendly, and what are good exercises for targeting belly fat. PS-I do not need to hear "eat less exercise more." I need specific routines and referrals to eating plans that work for my lifestyle. I also need to know what kind of exercises to do and when/how to do them, plus some healthy foods that will satisfy my sweet tooth. Thanks!
Best Answers: Best weight loss diet for busy vegetarian mom?
Arleen | 10 days ago
If you are really looking for the best weight loss diet,
I suggest doing what this mom did and combining the Acai diet with a cleansing program for the best result
👍 288 | 👎 10
Did you like the answer? Best weight loss diet for busy vegetarian mom?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: Any weight loss tips for the busy college student?
** You should try drinking 8 to 16 ounces of water before each meal, this will fill you up and you will eat less, resulting in less calories at every meal. Weight loss pills are not very safe, at least water is safe. I know it may be hard at first to drink water, but you can add more and more everyday until it becomes easier, ( you will get used to it. I lost 50 pounds in three years and kept them off , I also walk for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week. Patience is needed,, if you want quick, this is not it, better to lose slowly than too fast (not healthy for your body) Well good luck too you, hope this helps.
P.S. I also think that the younger you are the faster you will lose weight, 50 years and up will take longer.
a pedometer can help keep track of your steps if you re not getting 10 000 steps a day you re not moving enough
👍 120 | 👎 5
go lean with bean protein beans are an affordable and healthy alternative to meats and are wonderfully filling
👍 111 | 👎 0
It’s an age old trick but vertical stripes really do stretch you out. The contrast of colour straight vertical splits your body in fifty percent.
👍 102 | 👎 -5
Start slowly and add green smoothies to your diet Have a look at green smoothie girl http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/weightloss.html and http://www.rawfamily.com/ Viktoria Boutenko's story.
Another video on how green smoothies can help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQrN-P1VsY
👍 93 | 👎 -10
eating water rich foods such as melons tomatoes and celery can help fill you up without adding too many calories to your day
👍 84 | 👎 -15
Well, Christin, you sure have a tall order here. Let's hit your concerns.
1. Stop telling yourself you have no time. People who do that basically refuse to make time. There are mothers with young children/babies who also work (you don't list that you actually have a job in addition to being a mom) that actually do figure and fitness competitions. These women are at least as busy as you (even busier because they have two jobs: being a mom and another job), but they find time. You need to make time.
2. Losing is slowly and healthfully is the way to go.
3. There are no diets or exercises that "target" belly fat or any other fat. Body fat is put on and taken off where your body first sees fit to remove it. This is determined by your genetics.
4. You don't need specific referrals to eating plans. You need a general idea that you need to follow. The human body varies from person to person, so what works for me may not work for you. The basic rules are:
- Eat healthy food, not stupid diet foods or meal replacements.
- Eat every 2-3 hours. This prevents you from getting overly hungry and binging, plus they keep the metabolism running.
- Don't overeat. Don't even eat until you're full...eat until you're just full. Don't try to bloat yourself.
4. Buy yourself a pair of running shoes and hit the pavement. If you don't know how to really make use of your cardio time to have a short (under 30 minutes) and effective workout, email me. If you absolutely cannot find someone to watch your kids for less than 30 minutes, then my suggestion is to get a yoga DVD. There are many yoga DVD's for moms that help you incorporate your children. This way, they don't need to be watched and they get to exercise with you. In the same way, you can also do plyometrics and get your kids in on it with you. You can also take your kids for walks, and bring a pair of dumbbells with you so you can do curls, upright rows, and various shoulder exercises. This way, you don't have to pay for an expensive gym membership, you don't need child care, and you and your kids get exercise.
5. Foods to satisfy the sweet tooth are easy...fruit! A fruit salad will do this...get all your favorite fruits together. One thing I like is a piece of whole grain bread, 1-2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter, a banana, and a dusting of cinnamon (I eat this like a hot dog or taco). You can also drizzle some chocolate sauce on this. Another option is to dip apple slices into natural peanut butter, or to get some bittersweet chocolate and melt it, then dip a banana into it and roll in nuts, then freeze for a tasty chocolate banana popsicle.
👍 75 | 👎 -20
One grapefruit every day during a 120-week weight-loss plan will take 3lb off your overall target. Scripps Clinic in San Diego has found the Vit-C packed citrus reduces insulin amounts, which stop you craving fizzy things. Try it in savoury in addition to sweet dishes for added pep.
👍 66 | 👎 -25
Have raw fruits & veg in your meal.
Your mind is the most power full tool you have so put it on cool mode &
do some exercise with out taking any pain. After doing exercise see your self in the mirror it will increases your confidence and you will find an ultimate power in your self. To reduce weight.
👍 57 | 👎 -30
Originally Answered: how do I eat a vegan diet and lose weight on a busy schedule?
Forget diets. They don't work. Nor will simply cutting out meat and animal products. Eating vegan is expensive and time consuming. Eat clean, which includes real foods like fruits, veggies, beans and legumes, whole grains, lean meats, nuts and seeds. You cut out sweet, fried, processed, junk, and fast foods. That will help more than anything else. If you must have processed foods, look for those with the least processing like whole grain breads and pasta, brown rice. Limit serving size of grains to 1 cup or slice. Make 1/3-1/2 of what you eat each day fruits or veggies. Learn to love herbs and spices instead of breading, sauces, and fatty toppings. Drink just plain water and plenty of it.
As for your busy schedule, cook large batches on weekends and freeze leftovers in single size containers for the rest of the week. Meal planning is important. Without a plan, you are less likely to be successful and fall back on unhealthy eating habits.
Join a health club that's open early and/or late. Planet Fitness in my area recently had a special for $1 sign up fee (instead of usually $60) and $10/month for a year. That's about the most affordable health club around even if you have to pay full sign up fees.