Topic: Best diet to lose weight?! And Fast!?
November 22, 2019 / By Fintan Question:
Hi! I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant with my baby girl who is six months old now. My wedding is coming up and I want to look gorgeous for it! I have about 30 more pounds to lose to be back to my pre baby body and nothing I do seems to help! What diets do you recommend?! Or any other advice you have about losing weight. Thank you so much!
Darnell | 6 days ago
Absolutely not! Anorexia is not healthy! The best way to lose weight is to watch what you eat and work out. Getting on the weight machines will not help you though. Cardio is your best friend. Try the treadmill. Unfortunately, to burn belly fat you have to work out for 45 mins to an hour straight. The reason for this is because for the first 30 mins or so your body is burning glycogen (the sugar you get from eating). Once you get past this point, your body begins to burn reserves of body fat. You have to be dedicated! Don't give up! Crash diets don't work and they aren't good for you!! Good luck!
eat breakfast there have been so many studies done that show that people who eat breakfast lose more weight
carry five grocery bags from the car to the kitchen and put the food away take out the trash wash the dishes and wipe down the kitchen counter
pounding out your meat will help healthier portions go a longer way visually and its good stress relief
Here are some food items which are good for post pregnancy weight loss
* Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water every day. Replace your high sugar beverages such as sodas and juices with some water and a squeeze of fresh lemon. You could also try flavoured seltzer (carbonated) water which has no calories. You can cut out hundreds of calories a day this way.
* Keep healthy snacks handy such as raisins, popcorn, wheat crackers, and nuts. Refuse to buy store-bought baked goods or junk food.
* Eat lean meats such as boneless chicken.
* Eat whole grains (breads, cereals, pastas) instead of the "white" versions.
* Don't be fooled by foods that are labeled as nonfat. Some are loaded with calories and can have hydrogenated vegetable oils and/or high fructose corn syrup, neither of which are healthy. Read your labels!
* Resist the urge to indulge in a fast food meal. Or if you do, order the salad and not the fat-filled burgers and fries.
* As soon as you feel ready, start light exercise. Weather-permitting, take a 10 minute walk with the baby every day and slowly increase your time to 20 minutes per day. Babies can be worn in a snugli or sling or you can use a baby jogger or stroller when they get too heavy. Even better, walk at a regular time with a friend.
* Find easy ways to increase your exercise like parking farther away or using stairs instead of elevators.
* Breastfeeding uses up your fat stores! Breastfeeding burns about 500 calories per day so the longer you breastfeed, the more calories you burn.
* Consider joining a gym and trade babysitting hours with a friend so when you each go to do your workout, the other can watch the babies.
* Don't diet in the first three months postpartum.
* Be patient. Though it might seem like other new moms are able to lose their postpartum weight right away, keep in mind that every woman's body is different. If you eat right and exercise regularly, the weight will come off!