Originally Answered: What are some healthy things to eat for lunch for a teenager?
Here are some healthy lunch ideas :)
* Salad - topped with protein like salmon, tuna, tofu, tempeh, sliced hard boiled eggs...
For the salad - mixed baby greens, baby romaine or romaine lettuce. Add things like cherry tomatoes or a chopped tomato, cucumber, low-fat salad dressing, red onion, goat cheese or feta cheese crumbles, walnut crumbles or almond slithers, dried cranberries, etc.
* Pasta salad - with basil pesto or salad dressing for sauce.
You can add things like chopped cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chopped bell peppers, red onion, grated carrot, shredded cheese or goat/feta crumbles, etc.
Or pasta, with tomato sauce - you can try goat cheese to make it ''creamy'' in a healthy way, add veggies like spinach. (Using whole grain noodles)
* 2 eggs cooked however you'd like with cottage cheese, whole grain toast, salad, etc.
* Lentil vegetable soup with whole wheat pita bread and a side of salad or steamed vegetables
* Whole wheat pita pizza: add pesto or tomato sauce, shredded cheese, lots of veggies
* Omelet with baby spinach & cheese, whole grain toast, salad or veggies
You can also try sandwiches on different types of whole grain breads like multigrain, ezekiel, rye, flax, whole wheat pita, whole grain tortilla, whole grain bagel or english muffin, buegette, etc.
Here are some sandwich filling ideas:
- Smoked salmon & cream cheese
- Pesto, tomato, baby spinach & mozzarella or goat cheese melt
- Falafel & hummus
- Tuna or Egg salad
- Almond or Peanut butter & jam
- Cheese & tomato melt
- Spinach/cheese omelet
- Egg & cheese - you could try egg whites with cheese/spinach
- Chickpea wrap (with things like grated carrot, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, mixed baby greens, salad dressing, etc.)
- Black bean wrap with salsa & some cheese
- Veggie burger
- Grilled tofu sandwich or wrap
- Grilled tempeh sandwich or wrap
- Goat cheese, pesto, grilled vegetables
I hope this helps =)