Topic: How can I lose weight quickly?
November 21, 2019 / By Taegan Question:
I am 13 years old and weigh 200 pounds. I stand at about 5'6'. I have before tried to lose weight to fit in with my friends and not be the outcast. But, I have recently learned that's not what is important. I want to lose weight to benefit me and make me healthier. I have started to track what I eat and limit my calorie intake to about 1200 calories a day. I only drink water. The problem is I don't know how to properly excersize. For example, how long should I go jogging for a day or walking? Can you please just leave excersize tips and other weight loss tips to help me out. Thank you!
Peers | 1 day ago
The first step is to realise that you won't lose weight quickly, even for anorexics (who are NOT an example to follow) who are obsessed with losing weight, it takes months. Once you understand this, and you're ready to lose weight, then you can commit to exercising.
I recommend a mix of workouts. Go jogging for as long as you can, to start off, keep going until you can't breathe or feel sick - that's where your limit is, never go above that. At first it won't be long, maybe 10 or 20 minutes if you're out of practice. But every week, increase the amount of running time by 5 or 10 minutes and keep building it up. Or just increase it every time you start to feel comfortable at what was previously your limit time.
If you want to have a REALLY toned body, you need to do mat exercises like sit-ups, push-ups, squats, leg raises etc. you can find tutorials for these all over the internet. Also to tone up, use weight machines at the gym. Ask someone who works there for the best machines to use. I promise they are super helpful, especially for the stomach area. These exercises all build up muscle, and muscle burns lots of calories - the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn in your day to day activities.
Lastly, know that walking doesn't have much effect unless you walk for hours at a time, and/or uphill. Don't walk 20 minutes to school and then think "right that's my exercise for the day done" because it's hardly anything. Remember, you won't see immediate results but I promise within a few weeks the lbs will start dropping off! Also remember to stick to your diet very strictly, even if it means not going out to meals with your friends and family. You need to persevere :) Good luck!
Originally Answered: What's a great way to lose stomach fat fast? Or simply lose weight quickly?
jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you lose weight
evenly throughout your whole body. If you want to lose weight in
specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are
your problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will have
to work double on them. The best approach is this:
1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normal
weight, lower for overweight).
2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.
3. Target your problem areas with exercises.
an excellent exercise, you can do it in front of your TV: sit on a
stool, and put your toes under something (piece of heavy furniture,
for example). In your hands hold a little dumbbell. Please, make sure
that it is not very heavy, start with one kilo, for example, or you
will damage your back and spine! Slowly move the upper part of your
body back, until it's parallel with the ground. Stop for a second and
move it back to the sitting position. Repeat ten times. Every week add
to the number of repetitions. You will see the results in a week,
guaranteed! You will see or feel under the fat - if you have any - six
pack and muscles. Dumbbells do wonders. Much better than these
crunches - I came up to three hundreds and there was no results AT
ALL. With the dumbbells you will see it in a week.
energize plain tasting proteins such as eggs or chicken with metabolism boosting chili pepper sauce
switch from pouring your cereal straight from the box to using a measuring cup to cut your cereal calorie count in half
always have vegetables on hand saute a big bag of frozen mixed vegetables in olive oil and garlic add some red pepper or turmeric for additional flavor and separate into portion sized containers for the fridge
think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor
Originally Answered: I'm fat and I need to lose weight quickly!?
Universal had some good pointers there, I'd like to add a few more.
Some of these take some effort, I'm only listing them to give you all the options I can think of that have not been mentioned by other posters.
1) At the end of the shower turn it to cold for 20-30 seconds. Will get your circulation going and your body has to heat you up again.
2) Your body has 2 types of storage fat, one it can get to more easy and one harder to get to (which is normally the last one to go (usually around your belly and thighs)
- Green tea does not burn fat, but it makes fat in the harder to get to storage easier for your body to access
- Fasting gives you longer times with low insulin levels that enable your body to switch to burning fat (ketosis) instead of carbs. (Atkins diet also uses this) Fasting isn't everyone's cup of tea, quite a few people like the 5 meals a day dogma but it's an option you can try out (I'm a big fan of intermittent fasting). Some people talk about your body going into "starvation mode" and breaks down the muscle. This does happen but you would have to eat no calories for 48 hours for this to be possible to start.
3) If you are willing to do decent cardio (I mean getting your blood pumping and huffing and puffing for 30-40min 3/4 times a week, and I don't mean just walking) or even better High Intensity Interval Training HIIT once you're up to it you can increase your metabolism for 7-14% for a whole day, so you keep burning more calories even after you stop exercising.
4) In the long run, if you want to keep your lower weight a bit of weight training is good, too. You'll get better muscle tone for that fit curvy look and with more muscle your body will burn more calories. Also it takes calories to train the muscle in the first place, and then to build more.
It's time to shine be awesome :D