Originally Answered: How To Get Rid Of Pimples?
Lemon Juice Applied Directly to Acne
Lemon juice contains one of the AHAs or Alpha Hydroxy Acids which is citric acid. It works by sloughing off dead skin, promoting skin elasticity, and enabling new skin cell growth rise from underneath. It also flushes out pores and keeps your skin feeling fresh and bright.
Lemon Juice Topical Recipe / Instructions
1. Ensure your skin is clean.
2. Squeeze 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into a small bowl. Use a cotton ball to soak up some juice. Dilute it with water if it burns.
3. Dab the juice onto your pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples.
4. Leave on over night and rinse in the morning. Apply it again (under your makeup if you’re female).
5. If you find the lemon juice too strong too leave on, even diluted with water, wash it off after 10 minutes in cold water.
Expect improvements with this remedy after about 2 weeks. At this time, add a gentle cleanser with glycolic acid, like B. Kamins cleanser for normal to oily skin combination.
It is possible that your acne is only one symptom of your body not receiving enough nutrients, vitamins, minerals or liquids. Therefore, consider detoxifying your body, which gets to the root cause of many diseases, including acne.
The e-book, Acne no More is an excellent read about the power of detoxifying your system, and learning how to care for your body the right way. I highly recommend it.
Lemon Juice Drink for Acne
You can use the lemon juice remedy for internal cleansing or detoxifying of the liver and for absorption of important minerals and vitamins. This drink is one of the healthiest juices for your skin and body that is refreshing, easy to drink, and simplest to make.
In fact, it has so many health benefits aside from clearing acne, that everyone (who isn’t allergic) should be drinking it. This remedy's benefits include:
* eliminating acid waste because it contains minerals (potassium, Vitamin C),
* alleviating constipation,
* cleansing the liver with citric acid and building up enzymes to eliminate blood toxins,
* aiding in digestion
* removing kidney and pancreatic stones, and
* removing calcium deposits in the body.
Recipe for cleansing acne:
Lemon Juice Remedy Variation #1:
1. Squeeze 1 lemon into glass or bottle.
2. Add 2 cups of water (8oz each).
3. Drink the juice throughout the day.
Lemon Juice Remedy Variation #2:
1. Squeeze 1 lemon 1 cup (8oz) of warm filtered or boiled water.
2. Drink it first thing in the morning.
3. Don’t drink or eat for half an hour after to allow the juice to cleanse your body.
Do not use this remedy if you have allergies, ulcers, or arthritis.