Originally Answered: I'm so thin and slim. How can i gain good weight and health?
Hi Tirumal Sai,
1. Eat nutritious foods that are high in calories. Examples are whole-grain breads, vegetables such as avocados and potatoes, kidney beans, lean red meat, poultry and fish.
2. Increase the caloric value of your meals. Add powdered milk to casseroles for added calories, add avocados and olives to sandwiches, add wheat germ to your cereal, add chopped meat to your pasta sauce, and so on.
3. Avoid skipping meals. Knowing how to gain weight involves consistent eating. Eat three meals a day and at least two snacks.
4. Increase your normal portion size. Take a second scoop of pasta, or add two bananas to your oatmeal.
5. Choose higher-calorie foods when given a choice. For example, corn is higher in calories than green beans.
6. Relax – excessively and restlessness can burn up a lot of calories.
7. Add weight lifting to your exercise program. It helps build muscle mass.
8. Balance your caloric intake with the number of calories you're burning. You need to be taking in more than you use up, and you may need to ease up a little on your exercise program.
9. But don’t sleep for more than 7 hours. Avoid smoking, no wine drinking
10. . Eat chana daal, urad daal more
11. If you’re naturally thin, then a proper weight gain diet becomes absolutely crucial
12. . Consume More Calories : The basis of any weight gain diet should contain nutritious, high calorie foods. If you find to hard to put on weight then the greatest challenge you face is to consume enough energy without feeling full all the time. Don’t worry it can be done quite easily.
13. Protein :and Carbohydrate : Certain dietary fats are crucial to both your well being and your ability to gain weight. One gram of fat contains more than twice the number of calories than 1g or protein or 1g of carbohydrate. A tablespoon of Flaxseed Oil contains as many calories as a banana for example so it makes sense to incorporate good fats into your weight gain diet. What is good fat?
14. Meal Frequency : Finally, forget about eating 3 large meals a day with a few snacks. The best approach to an effective weight gain diet is to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. Separate them by 3 hours so your stomach has time to digest each meal fully. If your goal is to consume 3300Kcals a day I would eat 3 larger meals of about 700kcals and 3 smaller meals of about 400kcals. You will find an example in one of the articles below
15. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. They are the richest source of vitamins and minerals (particularly antioxidants) and have both health and weight gain implications
16. No any weight increasing tablets, capsules to increase weight to avoid adverse effects of such medicines.