How can I lose weight quickly?
Topic: How can I lose weight quickly?
November 21, 2019 / By Saranna Question:
I know there is no 'quick fix',but I need to know the best diet plan to go with. I know I should cut out carbs & drink lots of water...should I do Atkins? I just had a baby (in May) and I'm healed enough now to start losing the weight. My husband is training in California (Army) right now and will be back in three weeks--I'd like to lose as much as I can before he gets home (not that he cares.)
Best Answers: How can I lose weight quickly?
Nonie | 9 days ago
- Drink lots of water and green tea (cause they 1) fill you 2) have barely any calories 3) speed up your metabolism [but the water will have to be cold for this, green tea is fine at any temperature to speed your metabolic rate])
- Dont eat 4 hours before you sleep - your metabolic rate slows down as you sleep
- Read the calorie labels, say before you read it “if this has over x (e.g. 200) calories i wont eat it”
- Set realistic goals
- Identify your ideal weight (this table will tell you - http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obes... )
By the way, you want to be between 18 and 25 along the top :) (you'll see what i mean). To convert your weight (e.g. stone to pound) type it in google... i.e. “10 stone in pounds” and it will come up :)
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night to raise your metabolism
- As much as possible do not remove the skins of fruits and vegetables since most of the nutrients are concentrated under the skin.
- Warm water with just a squeeze of lemon juice before breakfast get the metabolism going for the day, this also help preventing constipation and is excellent for the skin.
- Remove fat by dropping ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat will stick to the ice cubes
- This will say about gaining, but when you put in your aim-weight -put in lower. It’s really good - http://nutrition.about.com/od/changeyour...
Hope i've helped :) xx
👍 226 | 👎 9
Did you like the answer? How can I lose weight quickly?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: What's a great way to lose stomach fat fast? Or simply lose weight quickly?
jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you lose weight
evenly throughout your whole body. If you want to lose weight in
specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are
your problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will have
to work double on them. The best approach is this:
1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normal
weight, lower for overweight).
2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.
3. Target your problem areas with exercises.
an excellent exercise, you can do it in front of your TV: sit on a
stool, and put your toes under something (piece of heavy furniture,
for example). In your hands hold a little dumbbell. Please, make sure
that it is not very heavy, start with one kilo, for example, or you
will damage your back and spine! Slowly move the upper part of your
body back, until it's parallel with the ground. Stop for a second and
move it back to the sitting position. Repeat ten times. Every week add
to the number of repetitions. You will see the results in a week,
guaranteed! You will see or feel under the fat - if you have any - six
pack and muscles. Dumbbells do wonders. Much better than these
crunches - I came up to three hundreds and there was no results AT
ALL. With the dumbbells you will see it in a week.
I agree there is not a quick fix but there is a very satisfying lifestyle change that you can do that will make you lose the weight fast and feeling foxier than you ever have - before and after the baby! It provides you with diet plans, "cheat day " guides (cause ya gotta cheat to stay sane and to boost the metabolism or else your body goes into starvation mode and you put on the weight once you vary at ALL). It also provides easy exercise plans that are EASY to stick to, all at home so you don't have worry about baby when trying to make plans to go to a gym. It's worth a look and I like helping people like you. Just go to the blog at http://thepinupgirldiet.blogspot.com and/or the website http://thepinupgirldiet.com and see if that would work for you. It worked for me and has for several years. I don't starve and I don't feel deprived. And I still have my candy, cake, ice cream and pie whenever I want. Cheers and good luck
👍 90 | 👎 6
Forget about "quick" weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race. You should register on livestrong.com under the "daily plate" and start counting your calories. (Or if you have an iphone, I would recommend "LoseIt". This program will make it easier for you to start tracking how much you eat, and how much you should be eating according to your target weight/height/gender, etc. Start educating yourself on what foods are healthy and what foods you should avoid, although most of this information should be intuitive. Try not to cut out entire groups of foods like "carbs". Just count calories... that's the bottom line. If you don't know how to KEEP the weight off, you'll gain it back. Lastly, exercise will not negate poor eating habits. Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. Make healthy food choices and you will see the weight come off. You can probably lose 8 pounds by the time he comes back! Good luck
👍 82 | 👎 3
Step 1:First of all cut back on sweetened soda and juice... these drinks have a lot of calories and the calories .Step 2:Cut back on breads and rice,carbohydrates. they have a lot of sugar which in turn can turn to fat plus they don't keep you filled as long.... eat foods high in protien and fiber... meats, greens, protien bars... high fiber bread.Step 3:the next key is exercise.. Start a walking club at work.... if you walk during your luncg break even if it is a 20 minute walk that adds up during the end of the week. get a wal in on the weekend or go to the gym a little here and there will make a difference over time . a few minor changes will really make a difference.
👍 74 | 👎 0
Originally Answered: I'm fat and I need to lose weight quickly!?
Universal had some good pointers there, I'd like to add a few more.
Some of these take some effort, I'm only listing them to give you all the options I can think of that have not been mentioned by other posters.
1) At the end of the shower turn it to cold for 20-30 seconds. Will get your circulation going and your body has to heat you up again.
2) Your body has 2 types of storage fat, one it can get to more easy and one harder to get to (which is normally the last one to go (usually around your belly and thighs)
- Green tea does not burn fat, but it makes fat in the harder to get to storage easier for your body to access
- Fasting gives you longer times with low insulin levels that enable your body to switch to burning fat (ketosis) instead of carbs. (Atkins diet also uses this) Fasting isn't everyone's cup of tea, quite a few people like the 5 meals a day dogma but it's an option you can try out (I'm a big fan of intermittent fasting). Some people talk about your body going into "starvation mode" and breaks down the muscle. This does happen but you would have to eat no calories for 48 hours for this to be possible to start.
3) If you are willing to do decent cardio (I mean getting your blood pumping and huffing and puffing for 30-40min 3/4 times a week, and I don't mean just walking) or even better High Intensity Interval Training HIIT once you're up to it you can increase your metabolism for 7-14% for a whole day, so you keep burning more calories even after you stop exercising.
4) In the long run, if you want to keep your lower weight a bit of weight training is good, too. You'll get better muscle tone for that fit curvy look and with more muscle your body will burn more calories. Also it takes calories to train the muscle in the first place, and then to build more.
It's time to shine be awesome :D