Originally Answered: Quick, easy dessert recipes for kids to make? Few ingredients.?
Baked Stuffed Apple
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Cut the stem out of the apple and hollow out the center until it is about 1 1/2 inches wide without going through the bottom. In a small cup, stir together the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Set aside half of this mixture, and mix the rest with the cream cheese and dried cranberries.
3. Sprinkle some of the reserved cinnamon sugar into the apple's cavity. Fill with the cream cheese mixture, and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the top. Place the apple in a small baking dish.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the apple is tender enough to easily pierce with a fork.
Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sticks
1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadsticks
3 tablespoons butter or margarine , melted
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Unroll breadsticks and cut in half widthwise. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip one side of each bread stick in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place sugared side up in a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping layers. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
1 (8 ounce) package cream
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.
4. Serve with pretzels, fruit slices, etc.