Originally Answered: i have been constipated for about 3 days now and dont want to resort to laxitives until my 4th day?
If your colon is bunged up, it can start to cause all sorts of health problems in the body. Eat lots of fruit and veg, include plenty of fiber in your diet and buy a colon cleanse from a health food store or online if necessary. It's also good to get some colonic irrigation. It makes you feel so clean inside and you get the urge to put only good food in your body after you've been cleansed.
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, herbal tea or unsweetened juice each day
2. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper
3. Eat every two hours, by having healthy snacks in between meals. Eating frequently increases your metabolism.
4. Eat lots of fruit and veg.
5. When having potatoes, rice or pasta, just have a small portion.
1) Eat at least 5 servings of different fruits and vegetables every day. Don't eat any junk/snack type food until you've had at least 5 fruits/vegetables.
2) Stick to whole, unprocessed foods such as whole grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, nuts. As much as you can, try to eat foods that don't have a brand name! So, for example, eat oatmeal (you can buy oats in the bulk bin of most grocery stores) instead of Honey Bunches of Oats.
3) Eliminate partially hydrogenated oil and high-fructose corn syrup completely.
4) Drink a gallon of water instead of soda. If you really want juice, make it a nutritious juice, such as orange juice. Apple and grape juices have very little in the way of nutrients.
5) Minimize animal products, especially fatty ones, as much as possible.
6) Learn about colon cleansing every quarter to remove excess waste and toxins out of the body. You'll be better in no time.
Best of health to you