What are some quick and effective ways to lose weight?
Topic: What are some quick and effective ways to lose weight?
January 22, 2020 / By Abijah Question:
Well, I've put on at least 25 unnecessary pounds in the past 2 school years. I used to weigh around 114 my 8th grade year, and now I'm around 143-145. My goal weight would be to weigh 130-135 by the end of the summer.
Does anybody know some really effective easy dieting and exercise tips that will give me great results?
Best Answers: What are some quick and effective ways to lose weight?
Silvia | 9 days ago
The key to losing weight: eat! Stay away from "diets"
Eat five servings of vegetables and four servings of fruits a day. Eat only whole grains, Limit meat to one to three servings a day, and limit red meat to once a week.
Eat slowly. Savor each bite. Do not refill your fork or spoon until you've chewed and swallowed. (this gives your stomach a chance to register comfort and avoid the need for second helpings). Do not eat on the run (in the car, while walking, etc.). Get rid of empty calories like sodas, sugar in coffee, chips, etc. Snack on fruits, vegetables and nuts. Eat three meals a day plus three snacks a day. Do not skip meals (remember, eat!) Do not eat within two hours before bed, and don't forget breakfast, even if it is something simple like a piece of whole grain toast and a glass of juice. Drink plenty of water.
Exercise every day. Do 40 minutes of something like brisk walking three to four times a week. On the other days, do yoga or Pilate's, to both stretch and strengthen your muscles.
Remember, weight lost quickly is not weight lost forever. When you starve yourself (through things called diets) your body will hold on to any calories you give it, converting it to fat cells to prevent starvation. When you begin eating again (no one can stay on a "diet" forever), those fat cells fill up in preparation for the next time you try to starve the body. It's an evolutionary survival mechanism, and the reason why diets don't work. Commit to healthy eating forever, or the weight will come back and will be more resistant than before.
👍 266 | 👎 9
Did you like the answer? What are some quick and effective ways to lose weight?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: What are some good, quick, effective ways to lose body fat?
Tummy fat are difficult to lose...try control what you eating... for 14 to 15 y/o gurl like you i think i should not be a problem...still try to cop with hormonal changes...baby fat will eventually disappear with your age...do you have a family history of overweight? if yes than maybe you should start the preventative step to stop being like them...try sit-ups...eat spicy food...it increase metabolism, eat fibre, and the good ol' trick that always work is excercise...
get familiar with quinoa a wonderful grain thats easy to cook and goes great with sauteed vegetables or mushrooms
👍 110 | 👎 7
you should get a daily routine of exercise
and eat less calories
also stop going to fast food restaurants
👍 102 | 👎 5
decaf coffee is a great low calorie fluid when you re having cravings and a great source of antioxidants
👍 94 | 👎 3
when out at a restaurant ask the server to hold the bread snack mix or chips and salsa that might come before the meal if you re hungry youll be tempted
👍 86 | 👎 1
Below are the few Quick Steps towards a Healthier Diet.
1) Before starting any type of diet weight yourself and also note ur whole body measurement in a dairy. Then after every week weigh yourself and note it in ur diary and see how much weight u r losing.
2) Start taking your food with out any oil. Try to use boiled/steamed vegetables, meat, and lot of salad. U can eat fruits too and boiled/steamed chicken or red meat too but no pork. Please note and put it in ur mind that nothing fried or oily.
3) Try to chew ur every food for atleast 20 times. And then swallow it into ur stomach.
4) Potato is strictly forbidden during this diet
5) Don’t eat any type of junk food.
6) Drink at least 3 ltr of water daily. Make ur habit to drink water as much as u can. Rather take a bottle of water with you all the time, when you feel starving, drink it as much as u can.
7) use brown bread
8) use skimmed and low fat milk and yogurt
9) no sugar of any type.
10) First try to avoid any type of soft drink but if u really wants to taste some thing sweet then drink any soft drink (but not cola), but just one glass once in a week.
11) Eat at least once in a day a vegetable soap or Thai soup too as much as u can but no corn flour in it.
12) Just look at your food portion. It is much better to eat several small meals a day (like 5-6 healthy meals a day) than eat either one or two or three huge meal a day.
13) if u feel hungry then divide ur diet into 5-6 healthy meals a day (1 plate size only)
14) one bowl of oatmeal can be taken as a break fast
15) No hard drink of any type is allowed in this diet.
16) Smoking strictly forbidden in this diet
17) Watch out ur every drink and every single piece of ur food. Stay away from fatty foods, junk foods, synthetic foods, foods with preservatives and too much carbohydrate. Don’t try to take foods that are made of white flour for example white bread, cakes, pasta etc and food contain sugar such as cookies, ice cream, candy etc.
18) Remember after every 15 days you can take once in a while with a little treat any thing u like. But remember just a small portion. For example one small personal pizza or one small burger or small pastry.
19) Try to adopt some healthy timing. Early to rise and early to bed. No late sittings.
20) People usually want Quick and Easy result, we all are impatient. You have to be patient in terms of your weight loss and never give up. Always keep in mind that slow and steady win the race.
21) At least take this diet for 3 to 6 months and when u feel that u have achieved your desired weight then make this is as a Life Style change for you entire life. Remember do not focus on just losing weight, try to concentrate on diet plan forever so that you will never have to loose weight again. But occasionally u can take other junk food too.
22) You have to keep in mind that above plan is a not a quick thin program. Don’t try to deceive ur body. It will destroy your metabolism and in the future the proportion of gaining weight is much higher and easier than today.
23) Never ever go for any type of Diet pills or any drug which claim that it will reduce the weight quickly. Taking Diet pills will kill.
24) Exercise: Rule-of -Thumb: remember the formula for weight loss and that is Diet= 70% Exercise= 30%. So remember exercise is must with every diet plan. The best indoor exercise machine is tread mill. Run on tread mill for at least 30 mnts daily. Try to extend ur period for one hour. And if you don’t have this facility then best indoor Exercise is skipping.
👍 78 | 👎 -1
eat four meals with chopsticks instead of a fork slowing down can help you consume about 25 fewer calories per meal
👍 70 | 👎 -3
If you have a seperate room keep small useful exercise equipment Use those equipment while reading and listening songs
👍 62 | 👎 -5
Originally Answered: Most effective ways to lose weight?
I was a pretty bad runner when I started. The most I could run was .3- .4 miles (about 1 loop around an average size block) before almost throwing up. But once you stick with it, it becomes an amazing part of your workout and, if you start getting really active with it and running consistently, you'll be running 7 milers easily and getting toned and lean.
When I started, I ran about every 3 days because, honestly, I could only keep it up for 4 minutes. What you should do is run around your block (early in the morning if you don't want to talk to alot of people). For about a week or two, run once around your block. Try going a little bit farther each time--one day, go the whole block, the second day, try going 10-20 feet more. Then, when you feel ready, do 2 loops, then 3, then 4. You'll keep progressing and as you lose weight, you'll get faster. I think as you run more, you don't have to go out every day (running 7 miles a day every day is a little reckless). I usually go every other day and do around 5-10 miles, and before I was the worst runner ever.
Don't worry about your food intake when you start running, just eat healthy. Also, don't try to eat more to justify running, that's the mistake many people make. When you start running 3-4 miles, eat carbs before you run and protein after. If you're doing a weight lifting regime then I don't think you'll have to exceed running 5 miles, as that's an amazing distance to run at for weight loss. But the more you run, the faster you'll get.
Also don't get self concious when you run. No one on the street cares about you (it's true lol)--they're too focused on themselves at the moment to give any thought to someone running past them. I used to be shy because I thought running outside would bring attention on me, but running in the morning means no one--very few people--are even out.