How can I lose weight more quickly?
Topic: How can I lose weight more quickly?
November 21, 2019 / By Melle Question:
Are there any special tips that will help me lose weight more quickly. I am currently on a 1200 calorie per day diet. I weigh 138.2 pounds and I am trying to get down to at least 125 (for now). I have already lost two pounds in two weeks. I work out maybe three days per week and try to burn around 200 calories per work out. I just started taking GNC's beHot vitapack but what I am wondering is there any special tips that will maybe boost my metabolism and help me lose weight more quickly or should I just be working out more frequently?
Best Answers: How can I lose weight more quickly?
Leena | 3 days ago
try getting yourself into cardio and do some interval training (1min intense and 30sec break and 1min intense) to get to a certain heart rate range, you can burn a lot of calories effectively if you look online to find your range (because it will change the speed of your metabolism after a period of workout). http://walking.about.com/cs/fitnesswalking/a/hearttraining_2.htm
try doing some lightweights at the gym, building the muscles is another effective way to lose fat, as its another way to speed up metabolism. (eats plenty of protien food to help muscle recovery, like fish and milk.. etc)
try and stay away from high carbs and sugary food (refined sugars turns to fat), deep fried, process food, trans-fats, and cut down on saturated fats. drink plenty of water as it helps flush out toxins, and you can try drinking green tea which is full of antioxidin and helps speed up metabolism.
eating small meals throughout the day helps maintain your metabolism to burn the calories, its like your body needs the 'fuel' to ramp up the 'fire' so it can 'burn'.. try to drink water before and after a meal to make u feel full.
try drinking cold water in the morning to jump start the metabolism for the day it helps wake it up, try and stay away from heavy fat breakfast like bacons, as it makes the system slugish.
👍 114 | 👎 3
Did you like the answer? How can I lose weight more quickly?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: What's a great way to lose stomach fat fast? Or simply lose weight quickly?
jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you lose weight
evenly throughout your whole body. If you want to lose weight in
specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are
your problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will have
to work double on them. The best approach is this:
1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normal
weight, lower for overweight).
2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.
3. Target your problem areas with exercises.
an excellent exercise, you can do it in front of your TV: sit on a
stool, and put your toes under something (piece of heavy furniture,
for example). In your hands hold a little dumbbell. Please, make sure
that it is not very heavy, start with one kilo, for example, or you
will damage your back and spine! Slowly move the upper part of your
body back, until it's parallel with the ground. Stop for a second and
move it back to the sitting position. Repeat ten times. Every week add
to the number of repetitions. You will see the results in a week,
guaranteed! You will see or feel under the fat - if you have any - six
pack and muscles. Dumbbells do wonders. Much better than these
crunches - I came up to three hundreds and there was no results AT
ALL. With the dumbbells you will see it in a week.
pounding out your meat will help healthier portions go a longer way visually and its good stress relief
👍 40 | 👎 1
cut your wine calories in half by opting for chardonnay the lightest option as a wine spritzer equal parts wine and soda water
👍 38 | 👎 -1
limit if not eliminate all extras like butter mayonnaise ketchup dressing added sugar added oil etc
👍 36 | 👎 -3
i think that your body is a decent size, maybe it isnt loses as fast as you would like because your body is rejecting it.but if you work out a lot and drink a ton of water your body will tone,posiiblly staying the same weight but you will lose inches , showing the illusion of losing weight. also drink a full glass of water the minute you wake up , this will jump start you metabolism so that it starts buring even before you start eating :!
👍 34 | 👎 -5
Originally Answered: I'm fat and I need to lose weight quickly!?
Universal had some good pointers there, I'd like to add a few more.
Some of these take some effort, I'm only listing them to give you all the options I can think of that have not been mentioned by other posters.
1) At the end of the shower turn it to cold for 20-30 seconds. Will get your circulation going and your body has to heat you up again.
2) Your body has 2 types of storage fat, one it can get to more easy and one harder to get to (which is normally the last one to go (usually around your belly and thighs)
- Green tea does not burn fat, but it makes fat in the harder to get to storage easier for your body to access
- Fasting gives you longer times with low insulin levels that enable your body to switch to burning fat (ketosis) instead of carbs. (Atkins diet also uses this) Fasting isn't everyone's cup of tea, quite a few people like the 5 meals a day dogma but it's an option you can try out (I'm a big fan of intermittent fasting). Some people talk about your body going into "starvation mode" and breaks down the muscle. This does happen but you would have to eat no calories for 48 hours for this to be possible to start.
3) If you are willing to do decent cardio (I mean getting your blood pumping and huffing and puffing for 30-40min 3/4 times a week, and I don't mean just walking) or even better High Intensity Interval Training HIIT once you're up to it you can increase your metabolism for 7-14% for a whole day, so you keep burning more calories even after you stop exercising.
4) In the long run, if you want to keep your lower weight a bit of weight training is good, too. You'll get better muscle tone for that fit curvy look and with more muscle your body will burn more calories. Also it takes calories to train the muscle in the first place, and then to build more.
It's time to shine be awesome :D