Originally Answered: High Fibre Low Fat diets.?
Hello. If you want to go on a low fat high fiber diet to either lose weight or lower your cholesterol, you have been misled.
This will not give you a permanent weight loss, will create brain fog, reset your metabolism lower by suppressing thyroid hormones, leave you tired, hungry, craving, and increase any pain or inflammation you have in your body, which in turn will contribute to belly fat.
Also, most high fiber diets get the fiber from things like bran and "whole wheat," which is not your best source of fiber. Your best source of fiber is whole fruits and vegetables, half raw, the rest lightly steamed or blanched, especially apples with the skins on, and veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, kale, spring greens, romaine lettuce, and other lettuce that is not iceberg . . .
Low fat diets are almost always very high in sugar and HFCS, which actually make you very fat, cause diabetes, and high cholesterol and high triglycerides and contribute to heart and cardiovascular disease.
Also, Omega 3 Fatty acids "healthy fats" are absolutely required for your body to function properly. Some of the best oils for you to either take as a supplement, or use on your salads (instead of bottled dressings high in HFCS, sugar, and chemicals) are flaxseed oil, wheat germ oil, coconut oil, olive oil. Do not cook with flaxseed, wheat germ or extra virgin olive oil. Some brands of unfiltered coconut oil can be heated to 350 degrees. Safflower oil is safe to cook at high heat. Canola oil and corn oil actually contribute to heart disease (don't believe the hype -- canola oil used to be used as industrial lubricant, is a natural pesticide, and wasn't approved for use in food until the 1980's . . .).
So why oh why would "they" tell you to go on a low fat, high fiber diet to "be healthy/" Because when all of the sugars and refined carbs make you fatter because they stimulate insulin, a fat storage hormone, you will buy more diet products. When the sugars and refined carbs cause diabetes, you will now buy diabetes blood sugar testing kits, blood sugar lowering oral medication, and eventually insulin to lower your blood sugar. When you then tightly control your blood sugar through drugs and insulin shots instead of through diet, then you will have heart failure (according to the most recent research in the medical journals), and then will need heart surgery and cardiac medications.
Insulin pulls sugar out of the blood and stores it as fat and CHOLESTEROL, so the low fat low cholesterol diet actually makes your cholesterol go UP! Only 3% of the cholesterol in your body comes from cholesterol you eat (in things like eggs . . .) the other 97% comes from insulin pulling sugar out of the blood,and sending the sugar that wasn't stored as fat to the liver to be converted to cholesterol. That means that 97% of your cholesterol comes from bread, pasta, cereal, rice, rice cakes, pancakes, waffles, muffins, biscuits, crackers, pita, tortillas, orange juice, apple juice, cookies, cake, ice cream (even low fat, and the diet kind is worse because the artificial sweeteners destroy both the liver and pancreas and cause Type II Diabetes . . .) -- all of the "low cholesterol" foods.
So why would "they" tell you to go on a low fat low cholesterol diet if it will make your cholesterol worse and make you fat? Because then the pharmaceutical companies can sell you Crestor or Lipitor or or or. Cholesterol medications are now the number one oral medication revenue source for Big Pharma.
Wait, it gets even better . . .
"They" tell you that the lower your cholesterol is, the healthier you are, and you now should have your cholesterol under 180. They manipulated stats to say this. Here's how it goes. If your cholesterol is over 200 you are twice as likely to die of heart related disease than if your cholesterol is under 200.
If your cholesterol is under 200, you have a 1 in 10,000 chance of dying from heart related disease.
If your cholesterol is over 200, you have a 2 in 10,000 chance of dying from heart related disease.
If you take a statin drug (cholesterol lowering drug) you are 7 TIMES more likely to die of heart failure. Among the reasons for this is that statins deplete CoQ10, a vital nutrient that your heart muscle needs to repair itself.
If your cholesterol is UNDER 180, you are TEN TIMES more likely to DIE of any cause, and the number 1 and 2 causes are cancer and auto-immune disease.
So why would they tell you to lower your cholesterol below 180?
Because chemotherapy is $25,000 per round.
Our bodies, REQUIRE cholesterol for many vital functions. They include:
Cholesterol is the main component of myelin, the insulating sheath surrounding our nerves the way insulation is around an electrical cord. When too much cholesterol is removed from the body by statin drugs, this myelin sheath starts to be dissolved, and creates the muscle pain and cramping that the drug ads say is a rare but serious side-e